PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Trouble shooting my H3

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Default Trouble shooting my H3

Wanted to see if anyone else has this problem or had a problem with a 2007 H3 when starting my 2007 H3 in the morning it turns on and runs for about 10 seconds then it turns off by itself I shake the negative cable and it let’s me turn the hummer on again but it only does it to me when the temperature is cooler/cold. Sometimes it takes a few times of shaking negative cable and sometimes it takes only 1 time.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

Hello and welcome to HF. I moved this out of the New Member section because.... like it says first post sticky thread at the top: "THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECH QUESTIONS!!"

Using my crystal ball of Hummer problems I can see that you still have the stock OEM crappy azzed battery Terminal Connectors. That is "the" problem. Number 1 cause of electrical Gremlins, and beat over the head with numerous threads and posts suggesting people hack them off immediately and replace the stock crap with a quality aftermarket set, like Stingers or your favorite brand.

Seriously, the stock battery connectors are absolute junk, every one of them will fail (not if, only when). Search around hear for battery terminal connector threads, you will see what I mean. When you google "H3 Hummer battery terminal connectors" and check the on line images you get pics of my truck with Stingers in the top of the list.

Try that first, easy to fix.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:57 AM

I have replace the battery cable connectors with brass ones and it worked perfect for a couple of weeks then started to have the same issue again.

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Hello and welcome to HF. I moved this out of the New Member section because.... like it says first post sticky thread at the top: "THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR TECH QUESTIONS!!"

Using my crystal ball of Hummer problems I can see that you still have the stock OEM crappy azzed battery Terminal Connectors. That is "the" problem. Number 1 cause of electrical Gremlins, and beat over the head with numerous threads and posts suggesting people hack them off immediately and replace the stock crap with a quality aftermarket set, like Stingers or your favorite brand.

Seriously, the stock battery connectors are absolute junk, every one of them will fail (not if, only when). Search around hear for battery terminal connector threads, you will see what I mean. When you google "H3 Hummer battery terminal connectors" and check the on line images you get pics of my truck with Stingers in the top of the list.

Try that first, easy to fix.

Old 11-03-2017, 12:42 PM

YOU have a loose connection....

Old 11-03-2017, 01:38 PM
Super Moderator

Dang crystal ball is defective, I am returning it to Amazon now.

Times 2 on what happythree said. Correct the loose connection.

Old 11-03-2017, 01:43 PM

Thank you guys for your help I will definitely look at the connection on both ends.
Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Dang crystal ball is defective, I am returning it to Amazon now.

Times 2 on what happythree said. Correct the loose connection.

Old 11-05-2017, 10:39 AM

"Trouble shooting my H3"

Then stand a little closer before pulling the trigger.