Private 'Wanted' Classifieds Looking for something? Tell us!

H3 Roof Light Bar Blew Off On The Highway Today

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

OK, so everybody out there that comes across this OLD AZZED Thread, you do NOT need to post in it just because you experienced something similar.

START a NEW thread! https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

Old 07-24-2024, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by TKFBG
I experienced this just recently. I had a crack in my windshield and called insurance Co to replace it. Guy came out to the house and in about an hour knocked on the door saying he ran into problems with the removal of the marker lights. He said screws were stripped and it looked weathered. He didn't want to proceed because he was not equipped to be able to properly put it back together. So he told me I would need to have the place that installed the lights remove them and have the windshield put on at the place then have the guys put the light kit back on. Easy enough I scheduled it for the next week. In the meantime the light kit detached from my roof, nothing flew off but it was flapping at high speed so I immediately pulled over and duct taped it back on to be able to drive it. Called my insurance Co and all expense was going to be picked by the glass company including my deductable. So I went to the place that originally installed the kit back in spring of 11, had them remove it, glass co put in new windshield and then kit got put back on. I drove home happy all was fixed and was no cost to me. Then the next day the kit pulled off again. I spent all day at the place that installed the kit only to find out they can't fix it, plastic is broken and the mount for the lights is split in half. So I am stuck. I said duct tape it and I will try to figure something out. I can't be the only one with this problem. Has anyone else had their GM marker light kit deteriorate as fast as mine did? My H3 is garage kept, it is only in the sun when I am driving it. It is hard to believe that it deteriorated so fast from spring of 11 to spring of 16. I was told to buy a new light kit, I do not want to spend more $ on something that is so cheaply made. Plus now that it is discontinued I am having trouble locating one. Any help would be appreciated.
the exact same thing happened to me. Went to replace the windshield, they told me I had to take the light bar off first because the screws were stripped. When taking it off all the tabs for the side moldings broke off therefore it was loose and the top right side orange light blew off and now I cannot find another one. Frustrating. If anyone knows where to get one please fill me in. Thank you.

Old 07-29-2024, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
OK, so everybody out there that comes across this OLD AZZED Thread, you do NOT need to post in it just because you experienced something similar.

START a NEW thread!
https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/n...bumping-23220/

Originally Posted by Bolson
the exact same thing happened to me. Went to replace the windshield, they told me I had to take the light bar off first because the screws were stripped. When taking it off all the tabs for the side moldings broke off therefore it was loose and the top right side orange light blew off and now I cannot find another one. Frustrating. If anyone knows where to get one please fill me in. Thank you.
And................. so what about my post did you NOT get??????????????? Digging up 8 YEAR OLD Threads is not the way to do it. Pointing and laughing is going on.