PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Zyne ... & anybody else that has a look :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Default RE: Zyne ... & anybody else that has a look :)

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Another example of it ... I took this one YEARS ago ... It has been resized and edited but the background is "original" and blurry, this again intentionally.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1157/782A19621256453D80ED5CF50AB01489.jpg[/IMG]
Another example of a fantastic photo!

Old 05-30-2007, 05:41 PM

ORIGINAL: TigerLily

Well, if you do get the XTi I'd recommend the 70-300mm IS zoom lens. It's about $600 vs the non-IS (Image Stabilization) version which runs you about $250. It's a pretty heavy lens and having the IS is a life saver if you wait for a shot for a while. I have both of them, I bought the non-IS first and then picked up the IS later because I regreted not getting it the first time around.
There are a couple of good 400mm telephoto zoom lenses available too but now you are starting to talk $1,500+ just for the glass .. they do take awfully good pictures though :-)
Make sure you get yourself lens hoods for those lenses too, they prevent stray light from entering the lens. You may also want to pic up a 58mm polarizing filter, it takes glare out of those water shots and makes the sky look more natural:-)
I'm looking into your suggestions. I will definately get the IS no matter what I end up getting!! I've copied and pasted all this info in Stickies.

Thanks for the info!!
Not a problem at all .. if there's anything I can help out with or if you have any questions by all means feel free. My e-mail should be under my profile too so hit me up there if you want as well. Been playing with these cameras for 3 years now and I tell you what, if you enjoy photography this is the only way to go!! I've gone through some point and shoots before I got my first SLR and I don't think I'll ever go back. While the SLR's do have a point and shoot mode I personally never use it. Be aware though, you have to work these camera's quite a bit to get the pictures to come out if you don't use the "easy mode" lol. The thing I had the hardest time with was and still is gauging light and get the camera set right the first time around. You do kind of build up an eye for it over time from what I've noticed. I'm getting better but not quite there yet!!

Old 05-30-2007, 05:46 PM

Another example of it ... I took this one YEARS ago ... It has been resized and edited but the background is "original" and blurry, this again intentionally.

That is actually one of my alltime favorite pictures I think. I have my home office/digital dark room covered in my pictures and I have that one, though slightly differently cropped, printed out as a borderless 11x17 infront of my desk.
I have a couple of other good black and whites laying around somewhere I should post for you. I think you would appreciate them considering your eye for taking pet pictures, that dog isbeautiful by the way.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:37 PM

Well, if you do get the XTi I'd recommend the 70-300mm IS zoom lens. It's about $600 vs the non-IS (Image Stabilization) version which runs you about $250. It's a pretty heavy lens and having the IS is a life saver if you wait for a shot for a while. I have both of them, I bought the non-IS first and then picked up the IS later because I regreted not getting it the first time around.
There are a couple of good 400mm telephoto zoom lenses available too but now you are starting to talk $1,500+ just for the glass .. they do take awfully good pictures though :-)
Make sure you get yourself lens hoods for those lenses too, they prevent stray light from entering the lens. You may also want to pic up a 58mm polarizing filter, it takes glare out of those water shots and makes the sky look more natural :-)
I'm looking into your suggestions. I will definately get the IS no matter what I end up getting!! I've copied and pasted all this info in Stickies.

Thanks for the info!!
Not a problem at all .. if there's anything I can help out with or if you have any questions by all means feel free. My e-mail should be under my profile too so hit me up there if you want as well. Been playing with these cameras for 3 years now and I tell you what, if you enjoy photography this is the only way to go!! I've gone through some point and shoots before I got my first SLR and I don't think I'll ever go back. While the SLR's do have a point and shoot mode I personally never use it. Be aware though, you have to work these camera's quite a bit to get the pictures to come out if you don't use the "easy mode" lol. The thing I had the hardest time with was and still is gauging light and get the camera set right the first time around. You do kind of build up an eye for it over time from what I've noticed. I'm getting better but not quite there yet!!
I will do that!! Like I've said ... I don't know the first thing about cameras other than the basics. If I'm gonna put down some serious cash for a really nice one, I will for sure do my homework! I mean this PowerShot was $900.00 when I got it.

I try to gauge my light, the direction if comes from as well as how it's reflecting on something. That to me can be one of the key factors that can make or break a nice pic. I have never liked a flash photo that much, natural light is by far better. But, then again, I prefer nature photos or animals. I also really like off the cuff, unstaged people photos. lol ... does that make sense? I'm sure you know what I mean. I'd rather catch someone doing something (or nothing) when their not expecting it and take a pic, those are always the best. Like the one below of my Dad, I just love this pic. Him, on the boat, in his element! It's not really a great photo - it's a special photo.

Thanks again for all the help!

Old 05-30-2007, 06:39 PM

That is actually one of my alltime favorite pictures I think. I have my home office/digital dark room covered in my pictures and I have that one, though slightly differently cropped, printed out as a borderless 11x17 infront of my desk.
I have a couple of other good black and whites laying around somewhere I should post for you. I think you would appreciate them considering your eye for taking pet pictures, that dog is beautiful by the way.
Yeah, post them. I'd love to see them!

Thanks and yes, he is and unfortunately .. he knows it! lol!

Old 05-31-2007, 11:56 AM

Awwww... He's a beauty. Real nice dog. I have a black lab named Smokey and I've been looking for a Bull Mastif... They are awesome...

Old 05-31-2007, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummergirl4

Awwww... He's a beauty. Real nice dog. I have a black lab named Smokey and I've been looking for a Bull Mastif... They are awesome...
Thank you, his looks make up for his bad attitude! lol!!

We thought about getting a Mastiff. Marc loves big dogs. I just couldn't get past the amount of slobber they produce. I mean, I'm not really sure it is slobber ... it's more like thick, disgusting mucas. [:'(] They are lovely dogs though!!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:52 PM
Super Moderator

How do you like your 20D so far??
Love it.... bought it new about 20 months ago.... paid around $1400 for just the body. Took my first 1000 photos before I even charged the battery.... 7000-8000 pictures later I still think it is the best I have ever owned. I haven't taken a roll of film since the Richmond NASCAR race in 2005. My digital is so much faster than my 7e.

I have a friend that used to use an EOS1 and had a 10D as a backup.... now he only uses his 30D and has a 20D as a backup. He is in it much more than I am and he is very close to selling out the $14k for a 400mm IS. Unlike me, he can justify it because he is making some serious cash on the side doing weddings. Last summer he did a handful of jobs and paid for a new HD camcorder.