PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Zyne ... & anybody else that has a look :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 09:37 PM
Default RE: Zyne ... & anybody else that has a look :)

WOW!!! Look at you Pro PhOtOgRaPhEr'S!!!

Very Nice Pics!!!

Old 05-29-2007, 10:13 PM

Nice pictures Paige sweetie...You have an eye for the perfect picture...Just wondering, was that a jet contrails in that sunset picture?

Old 05-29-2007, 10:52 PM
JM

Very, very nice shots Paige and how romantic
(You must have some hidden French blood)

As far ZYNE is concern, my feeling is that since he became a mod. he turned soft!!.
next picture from him will be a Prius and his Hummer kissing each other withe the 'peace and love ' sign hanging above their head.[8D][&:]

(I am just joking buddy...nice shots)

Old 05-30-2007, 07:23 AM

Both took very nice pics, zyne that camera has got to be exspensive..........

Old 05-30-2007, 07:40 AM

ORIGINAL: JM

Very, very nice shots Paige and how romantic
(You must have some hidden French blood)

As far ZYNE is concern, my feeling is that since he became a mod. he turned soft!!.
next picture from him will be a Prius and his Hummer kissing each other withe the 'peace and love ' sign hanging above their head.[8D][&:]

(I am just joking buddy...nice shots)
LMAO, leave it up to the french .... :-) Thanks for the compliment Jean!!!!

Old 05-30-2007, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: ebrown

Both took very nice pics, zyne that camera has got to be exspensive..........
The Rebel XTi with the 17-55mm lens ran me $899.99 plus another $99.99 for the 2GB compact flash card, that was it. The 5D on the other hand, ugh, I paid just over $2,200 for just the body. The camera body's themselves of course CAN be expensive, such as the 1DS Mark II which runs between $6,500 and $7,000 just for the body, but you get what you pay for :-) One day I *WILL* own one :-) Of course the true expenditure of these things lays in the accessories, lenses, flashes, ring lights, filters, hoods, pods, etc etc. I have about 3 grand sunk in to my bodies, and probably another 5-6 in to lenses and accessories. Depending on what you do and how fancy of a taste you have in lenses you can spend up to $5,700 dollars on just one tube of glass ... or as little as a couple of hundred bucks. It all depends on what type of photography you end up doing. I do 90% of all my stuff up close to the very small things (such as the butterfly pics) so I of course have spent the majority of my money on macro lenses. Again, the same scenario here, you can spend anything from $350 bucks up to around $1,500 for my 180mm, now throw in some doublers (doubles the focal length of the lens) and you're easily spending 2 grand between the lens and the extension tube. I guess it all bottoms down to what is important to you and what kind of budget you have to work with.
For a newbie I would say pick up the XTi as it comes with a great all around lens, pick up a 70-300mm IS zoom lens, a 58 mm hood and polarizing filter, a memory card, extra battery and a camera bag and you're set. That should run roughly $1,800 plus tax which is about thelowest sumyou can get away with and still get a good start. You can of course get cheaper lenses such as Sigma's glass for Canon cameras .. however, again you get what you pay for. In comparison to the Canon lenses Sigma's are a complete waste of money. They are cheaper for a reason and in this case .. it's all about the glass and you do not want to skimp on that, after all, crappy optics makes for crappy pics!

Old 05-30-2007, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

I want a Macro flash for my 50mm Canon... but I just don't need it.

I dropped $600 on my flash for my Elan 7e andthen when I bought the digital it doesn't work with my 20D.

I passed the $9000 mark a few months ago when I bought new batteries for my camcorder... and to be honest you could probably get all of it for $2000 on flebay now...

Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Depending on what you do and how fancy of a taste you have in lenses you can spend up to $80,000 dollars on just one tube of glass ... or as little as a couple of hundred bucks.
Fixed....

http://dvinfo.net/canon/images/images17.php

Old 05-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Super Moderator

I have a picture of my foot if you want to see it............

Nick, your butterfly photos are great but seem like they are out of focus, unless that is just the effects of the massive scaling you had to do because it was so large of a pic. I'm not critisizing just commenting

don't beat me please.

Old 05-30-2007, 03:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

Depending on what you do and how fancy of a taste you have in lenses you can spend up to $80,000 dollars on just one tube of glass ... or as little as a couple of hundred bucks.
Fixed....

http://dvinfo.net/canon/images/images17.php

I guess I SHOULD'VE said consumer lenses. Don't they use those things when they film/photograph space shuttle launches!?! LOL!

Quick Reply: Zyne ... & anybody else that has a look :)