PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Your home is NOT safe! Everyone must see this!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 01:19 PM
Default Your home is NOT safe! Everyone must see this!

I couldn't believe it...but it looks to be true. Time to go buy a different brand of locks for my home and pick up some ammo while I'm out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hr23tpWX8lM

Old 02-16-2007, 01:41 PM
Default RE: Your home is NOT safe! Everyone must see this!

ORIGINAL: WOLFGANGSTA

I couldn't believe it...but it looks to be true. Time to go buy a different brand of locks for my home and pick up some ammo while I'm out.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=hr23tpWX8lM
I've got a set of bumping keys. I found it not quite as easy as they made it look, but it does indeed work. I saw this a year ago, and could not believe it, but after searching the net and seeing what a phenomenon it is, I decided to check it out. As always, ebay saved me some work as a seller had a set of 5 different eys availabe for $5.00, and I snagged them before ebay shut it down. Upon receiving, It took me some time to get the hang of it, but it's every bit as scary as they say. Of course, for real criminals, this is only "another" tool in their arsenal, and if they want in, they are getting in anyways. In spite of knowing this, I did not change any locks, as my attitude is that we cannot go around living in fear. Locks only stop those who don't really want in, and some other common sense practices will probably stand up better than finding the "perfect" lock.

Old 02-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Administrator

so, once you have a jey cut in this certain shape, it will open pretty much any lock? is that just door locks? or does it work on car locks, shed locks, etc?

Old 02-16-2007, 03:08 PM

Nope, not quite. As you may have noticed when going into a key store, there are many different "types" of keys. Some are single sided, others double sided.The shoulder may be closer on some than others. Other have different sized There are many feature in a key that are used to try nad make them more unique. From what I have heard, there are however some types that are the most common, ie 5 or 6 key blanks account for 95% of locks out there. The priciple behind "bumping" is the same for ALL key locks however, so technically it is possible to create a bump key for any lock. I know I tried it on some door, deadbolts and shed locks, but don;t really know enough to sat about automotice locks, but my guess is that based on the principle involved, it should also work. I do know that even tubular bump keys can be made!

Old 02-16-2007, 03:28 PM

That is scary and creepy! [&:] Glad I have a gun(s), 4 dogs and an alarm system. Dogs are the best deterant there is, IMO. Someone can't breath on one of these doors without them knowing it. One of them would bite for sure, a lady that does rescue work and has dealt with thousands of pooches told me "I wouldn't even lock my doors with that dog by my bed". She is so protective, puts me at ease a little bit.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator

when i was in college a vagrant kicked in our front door...having played college hockey, it was amazing what i did to him with one swing of a stick.

i really dont understand how it works...

i wonder how much those two companies whose locks cannot be bumped pay for specials about the dangers of lock bumping happening to someone...

Old 02-16-2007, 07:07 PM

WOW...That's some CrAzY ****!!!

But, yeah, the way I look at it, if they want IN, they'll get IN. My WHOLE front door is frosted glass, so I'm not going to worry that someone will bump my lock. That's why I have a SWEET alarm system, 3 KILLER Chihuahua's and my pretty HAND GUN!!

Old 02-16-2007, 08:48 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

WOW...That's some CrAzY ****!!!

But, yeah, the way I look at it, if they want IN, they'll get IN. My WHOLE front door is frosted glass, so I'm not going to worry that someone will bump my lock. That's why I have a SWEET alarm system, 3 KILLER Chihuahua's and my pretty HAND GUN!!
Killer Chihuahua's huh? I know plenty about having guns, but I'll invest a little bit of money to make my house a little more secure by buying new locks. After all, I don't want blood stains on my carpet.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:20 PM

Damn..that is realy creepy..Glad I have a dog...and a permit to carry a gun.. and do alot of target shooting.[sm=violent053.gif]

Old 02-16-2007, 09:35 PM

Alarm system is the best bet. Normaly just the sign will turn them away. But if someone gets past the alarm, I have my dog, my beretta 96 laser, a couple tomcats, my glock 30, and a Para 10-45.

Quick Reply: Your home is NOT safe! Everyone must see this!