PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

XM Radio to Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Default RE: XM Radio to Sirius Radio

[align=left]The SIRGM1 Sirius convertor requires a magnetic roof mounted antenna. I don't think I want another antenna on my car [:'(][/align]

Old 03-15-2008, 11:25 AM

Thanks D VADER!!! I didn't realize that. I went back to the site and found an antenna converter. I used the money from my mail in rebate, to offset the cost of the antenna converter.Here is the link for it:

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-dual...er-p-3910.html

Old 03-15-2008, 11:56 AM

In reading that adapter It mentions a signal loss. I also mentions a dual input antenna input..do we have that? I would like to make the conversion. Let me know how it goes.

This adapter will allow you to use your stock GM XM Car Antenna with your SIRIUS Satellite Radio. This is a great adapter for people who are using the GM Connect and want to use their stock XM antenna instead of a SIRIUS Magnetic antenna.

The XM Antenna will not pick up the SIRIUS Signal quite as strong as the SIRIUS Antenna.

NOTE:This adapter will only work with Dual input antennas. Please check to make sure your radio is compatible prior to ordering. We do not compile a list with compatibility for this application

Old 03-20-2008, 04:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Jglow713

I just ordered a Sirius converter to replace the XM converter. It is said to be compatable with 08 H3s. I paid $89.99 with a $30.00 mail n rebate for a total price of $59.99. I had an order number and tracking number of the shipment within 25 minutes.Free shippin too!!! Heres the link:

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-conn...gm1-p-228.html

I'll let you guys know how the install goes when i get it in!
Got it installed yet?? I'm hoping this works because I really want Sirius.

Old 03-20-2008, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: dmurdock

ORIGINAL: Jglow713

I just ordered a Sirius converter to replace the XM converter. It is said to be compatable with 08 H3s. I paid $89.99 with a $30.00 mail n rebate for a total price of $59.99. I had an order number and tracking number of the shipment within 25 minutes.Free shippin too!!! Heres the link:

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-conn...gm1-p-228.html

I'll let you guys know how the install goes when i get it in!
Got it installed yet?? I'm hoping this works because I really want Sirius.
I ordered one of these but did not get the rebate because I’m already a subscriber to Sirius Radio so I paid the full $89.99 + shipping! I got the tuner yesterday but much to my dismay it says on the package “Compatible with the 06’ H3”. I don’t know if I should open the package and try to install it or not. Their ad states the following:
Hummer
2004-2006 H1 (must have BAND button)
2003-2007 H2 (must have BAND button)
2006-2008 H3 (must have BAND button)
I could have bought the same tuner locally for the same price and saved the shipping but my local radio shop said this tuner will not work!

Old 03-21-2008, 06:07 AM

Sirius told me the same thing last year for the '07 H3. Sounds like no changes have been made. My understanding is the problem with the antennas.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 PM

I called TSS-Radio today and spoke to Jamie and he told me although it says on the package of this tuner, “Compatible with the 06’ H3” it will indeed work with the 08' H3. So I’m headed out to my garage right now to install it and I’ll let you know how it goes. Frankly I have my doubts.

Old 03-21-2008, 07:30 PM

Did anyone see that FCC (and Congress) might change their mind on the merger??

http://dailybriefing.blogs.fortune.c...us-hopes-rise/

Old 03-21-2008, 08:01 PM

Well, I’ve been at it for almost 2 hours and I don’t think this tuner will work. I removed the radio from the truck completely. The directions say to connect the Factory SDAR Interface Cable from the SIR-GM 1 Tuner to the Factory wiring harness on the radio BUT there is simply no connection or port on the radio that matches the connector on the SDAR Interface Cable. Unless there is some secret to this or I’m missing something, this ain’t gonna work!

Old 03-21-2008, 10:37 PM

I did Jglow713's for him today.

The plug for the XM is up above the glove box, and under the Passenger Airbag, reach in from the center and the plug comes right out.

I didn't remove the XM box due to the location and not wanting to mess with the Airbags. The Sirus box fit nicely in the bottom of the center, under the temp controls.

We did have to use the Sirus antenna, but he'll be getting the right adapter and I'll fix that.

It works better than I thought it would, all the controls/displays on the Head Unit that were XM are now Sirus.

JP

Quick Reply: XM Radio to Sirius Radio