PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

XM Radio to Sirius Radio

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 10:30 PM
Default XM Radio to Sirius Radio

I’ve done all the searches and found all the information I need but my question is will this Sirius Radio Package work in my 08’ H3 Alpha? It says it’s for the 06‘-07’ Hummer so I e-mailed the seller and they said they have not yet tested it on the 08’ H3. Has anyone tried to use this to switch from XM Radio to Sirius Radio. My free subscription to XM is up soon and I want to make the switch because I already subscribe to Sirius and I’m trying to avoid using my old Sirius radio that mounts on my dashboard.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ayphotohosting

Old 03-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Default RE: XM Radio to Sirius Radio

Not sure about your question, but FYI I asked XM a few weeks ago when I renewed my service about the merger. They told me that by the end of this year/early next they should be carrying both services. I don't know if this will require a different "set-up" and neither did they. I'm just going to stick to the XM and wait it out myself

Old 03-14-2008, 09:17 AM

I have a 07 H3, As soon as I bought it I had it changed over to Sirius. When I did it they told me the same thing that they were not sure since it only went up to the 06 model but they tried it anyway and it works fine. When installing it they just told me if it didn't work they would hook back up the XM harnus. I would try it if I was you it will most likely work. I did it through Best Buy, I had no problems at all.
Good Luck.

Old 03-14-2008, 10:45 AM

I just checked it out a bit further and according to GM the 08' radio has completely different software and nothing has been developed yet to make the switch from XM to Sirius. It's in the making but has not yet been released. It could come at anytime or as late as next year. So I guess I'm stuck with using my old Sirius radio that goes on my dashboard until the new module comes out. [:'(]

Old 03-14-2008, 11:18 AM

Sirius Rep told me the '07 H3 radio was not completely compatible with the XM antenna and they had not developed a fix.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:26 AM

I have a 07 H3 Lux (Monsoon) with the sirius hooked in, It does route through a kenwood box? I am not near the Hummer and can not post pics. But I know for sure it is a Kenwood box. It came from the dealer this way. I am upgrading the system in a couple of months when I get home. Maybe I can ask the wife to pull the front console off and look at the box.

Sam

Old 03-14-2008, 11:29 AM

Sam,
Do you know what the purpose of the Kenwood box is? Is it required for the XM to Sirius change?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:30 PM

I'm not sure why it wouldn't work unless the plugs/harness are different. The tuner is separate and not part of the head unit. It just passes a signal same as the XM tuner.

BTW, I've had that unit in mine ('06) for about a year now and it works great. The only negative is that the display cuts off the text.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:50 PM

I've got my Sirius radio mounted on my dashboard and the antenna mounted on the dashboard in the corner close to the windshield because I didn't feel like fishingthe wireoutside to the roof of the truck. So far it works very well in that position and hopefully very soon they'll come out with the module to make the switch from XM radio to Sirius. The only thing I don't care forare the exposed power & antenna wires needed for the radio.

Old 03-15-2008, 10:28 AM

I just ordered a Sirius converter to replace the XM converter. It is said to be compatable with 08 H3s. I paid $89.99 with a $30.00 mail n rebate for a total price of $59.99. I had an order number and tracking number of the shipment within 25 minutes.Free shippin too!!! Heres the link:

http://www.tss-radio.com/sirius-conn...gm1-p-228.html

I'll let you guys know how the install goes when i get it in!

Quick Reply: XM Radio to Sirius Radio