PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Would you rather have an 03 H2 with 65k or 05 for 110k

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Default Would you rather have an 03 H2 with 65k or 05 for 110k

Hey guys:

I'm between a base 03 hummer with 65k miles and an 05 with 110k miles and Nav, heated seats and a few more features. If the price were the same which car would you rather get. The lower miles or the higher mileage with more features.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:21 PM

lower miles

Old 01-20-2015, 08:19 PM

That is a difficult decision. I try to always buy the highest trim and most features I can. However, I also couple that with the lowest mileage I can find. I personally would not buy a used vehicle with over 100K on the odo but that's just me.

I would keep searching for 06+

Old 01-20-2015, 08:31 PM

Yea I would say to go with the lower mileage

Old 01-21-2015, 11:31 AM

Try to buy with lower mileage. It's better, in my opinion.

Old 01-21-2015, 11:48 AM

I would go with whichever I liked more.

There are H2's on the road with over 400k miles and lower miles doesn't guarantee it's in better condition.

Old 01-22-2015, 07:50 AM

That's a tough call and I just went thru this and I ended settling in the middle. Obviously, low miles and lots of bells and whistles is the best but people are asking way too much. On the other hand, high miles and lots of bells and whistles, its hard to find one that hasn't been rode hard and put away wet. The good news is that most H2's are fairly loaded with most of the bells & whistles. I haven't found one that doesn't have the heated seats. More often than not, its the nav and video that is missing. But now that the cars are getting close to 10 years old, so is that technology. Go with a car that looks clean and no rust, no sign of abuse. Someone that took care of the car after riding it in the salty snowy rodes. Check the brake lines for signs of corrosion. The 03's to 07's are all basically the same with the 6.0 engine. The 08's and 09's have the bigger engine but also guzzle gas a little more and the price people are asking is about 10K more than the earlier model. I personally like the 08's and 09's because the trim inside is just a little nicer and the leather is a little nicer as well, but the differences are not that big. Under a 100K is the sweet spot, but remember that a well maintained vehicle will last a long time. So lets say you find a bargain under 20K with over 100k in miles and it might need a new transmission. That same vehicle with under 100K is going to be around 30k. Well, a lot can be done with 10K dollars to get the car in working order. I found a couple h2's around 11k which is dirt cheap but imagine what you can do at a body shop and a diesel conversion. You could make it your own and be practically new with all of the bells and whistles you want. It all depends on whether you have a good mechanic you trust and the time to deal with refurbing a used car. If not, pay the premium on find a low mileage car and add the goodies. Just my two cents.

Old 01-24-2015, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by pgday
That's a tough call and I just went thru this and I ended settling in the middle. Obviously, low miles and lots of bells and whistles is the best but people are asking way too much. On the other hand, high miles and lots of bells and whistles, its hard to find one that hasn't been rode hard and put away wet. The good news is that most H2's are fairly loaded with most of the bells & whistles. I haven't found one that doesn't have the heated seats. More often than not, its the nav and video that is missing. But now that the cars are getting close to 10 years old, so is that technology. Go with a car that looks clean and no rust, no sign of abuse. Someone that took care of the car after riding it in the salty snowy rodes. Check the brake lines for signs of corrosion. The 03's to 07's are all basically the same with the 6.0 engine. The 08's and 09's have the bigger engine but also guzzle gas a little more and the price people are asking is about 10K more than the earlier model. I personally like the 08's and 09's because the trim inside is just a little nicer and the leather is a little nicer as well, but the differences are not that big. Under a 100K is the sweet spot, but remember that a well maintained vehicle will last a long time. So lets say you find a bargain under 20K with over 100k in miles and it might need a new transmission. That same vehicle with under 100K is going to be around 30k. Well, a lot can be done with 10K dollars to get the car in working order. I found a couple h2's around 11k which is dirt cheap but imagine what you can do at a body shop and a diesel conversion. You could make it your own and be practically new with all of the bells and whistles you want. It all depends on whether you have a good mechanic you trust and the time to deal with refurbing a used car. If not, pay the premium on find a low mileage car and add the goodies. Just my two cents.
Good points there. I found an 03 with 35k which is crazy. I just don't know whats the magic number where they start breaking down?

Old 01-24-2015, 08:18 AM

Hey does anyone know how I get my profile pic to show in the forum? Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Would you rather have an 03 H2 with 65k or 05 for 110k-20150116_170615.jpg   Would you rather have an 03 H2 with 65k or 05 for 110k-20150116_170206.jpg  
Old 01-24-2015, 08:22 AM

Ok figured it out, that is my 06 h3 with 35's but I get some rubbing at full lock and was wondering if I crank the tbars if it will go away? Ive measured them and right now its sitting at 22" so will 23.5 fix this or make it worse? Thanks

Quick Reply: Would you rather have an 03 H2 with 65k or 05 for 110k