PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

World of Wheels car show - Blah........ (this is a little long)

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2007, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
Default World of Wheels car show - Blah........ (this is a little long)

First of all, Good Morning everybody ( )

For all of you who aren't familiar with the World of Wheels car show, it's basically a big car show that takes place in various cities across the country, one of which is Chicago. It's basically a place for people to show off their custom classic cars, jacked up rigs, suped up performance vehicles, etc. As far as the size of the show, it's as big, if not bigger, then the Chicago International Auto Show which is one of the large ones up there with the Detroit Auto Show. This show, however, is all about people's personal custom cars and so forth. For those who areinterested, here is a link to the official show web site:

http://www.autorama.com/

Now, all of this being said, I will tell you all what my grievance is:

For the sake of not calling people out and pointing fingers, I will keep everything anonymous. Our local Hummer club has been in this show two years in a row, before I was a member. This year I was very excited because I was going to be in the show along with our club which is mainly sponsored by a very large local Hummer dealership. I have my chrome air horns, my Knight Rider KITT lights and various other add-ons ready to install for the show in two weeks. Last year the club won the "Best Display" award at the show.

Now, apparently the board of whoever that decides who gets to be in the show and who doesn't has changed, and the main sponsor of the show is none other then Dodge. Apparently the past two years the club has entered as a whole, but because of this new group of people, we had to have our applications submitted individually. The plan was to have 12 full spots, 4 for two military H1's with military trailors, a H2 and H3 Fully decked out by the dealer with wheels, AV, the works (keep in mind about them being the main sponsor of the club) and etc. There would be a total of about 6 to 8 complete rigs. We got the word last Friday that entrance into the show has been denied for ALL of us. They even came back and asked us for pictures of each of our rigs, and one of our main members worked his butt off to get this going for us. Anyway, my theory (and again, this is my opinion) is that Dodge must have someone in their pockets for them to deny ALL of our Hummers entry into the show. They must think we are a threat to their advertising considering we would have gotten all of the attention.

This makes me very upset, along with our members. I was really excited about this because our club does so much for sick children and such, and it's more based on that fact alone then just a bunch of guys showing of thier rigs. I for one on a personal level was excited that for once a mass amount of people would be able to see the kind of time and creativity I put into my rig, not doing the typical 37 LCD Monitors and 15" woofers all over the place, but doing things that were all functional. The KITT lights were going to be the main thing. I am going to have one LED in each of the 7 grill vents. That part has already been designed by yours truely and awaiting the parts. There are certain NASCAR drivers that will be there and other people.I even took the time to paint the HUMMER lettering Red on my hubcaps to match the paint. It's those little details I was doing.

HERE is the joke: When asked WHYby our organizing members we were denied entrance to the show, they would not tell us. Talk about BS.

Needless to say, first off they said we couldn't be in the show because of Hummer dealer sponsorship, or we had to loose the dealer tent. We said "OK" at the loss of the two show-quality vehicles they would prepare just for the show. Then, they denied us anyway. IT's so much BS, especially since

Old 01-16-2007, 11:34 AM
Default RE: World of Wheels car show - Blah........ (this is a little long)

We just had it in Boston last week it get worst every year.
most of it is now imports what ever happen to the 60-70 cars

Old 01-16-2007, 01:51 PM

It's coming to Pittsburgh I think in Feb.I'll be there.

Old 01-16-2007, 03:39 PM
JM

Too bad HG, I can really feel how disappointed you are

But my friend, welcome to the real world

Old 01-17-2007, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: JM

Too bad HG, I can really feel how disappointed you are

But my friend, welcome to the real world
Oh, I know how the real world works from working at this place, but it's a shame that something that is supposed to be all about fun turns into politics, but, it's not like I don't understand the business aspect of it, it just really stinks.

BUT, I did get my K.I.T.T. lights last night Show or no show, those things are going on soon!