PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

wobble through car

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:50 PM

Actually, I have had the same issue and it ended up being the rear drive shaft missing weights (knocked off while wheeling). It will eventually wear on the u-joints and cause a "wobble" that can only be felt at certian speeds.

OP; If you haven't wheeled your H3 before it will be easy to spot where the weights used to be. Look for a clean spot on the driveshaft.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:06 PM

You find anything yet P?

Old 07-08-2010, 04:45 PM

No. Not yet.
I looked under at the drive shaft and couldn't see that any weights had fallen off. In fact, I couldn't see any weights on there either !
I'm thinking of going back to tire shop on Saturday and quizzing about maybe having a buckled wheel or something.
Thanks,
Paul

Old 07-08-2010, 08:25 PM

good luck. let us know what you find out.

i mounted 315 Duratracs a few weeks ago and have the same thing as you ever since. i went to another tire place a couple weeks ago and they took off all and checked the balance. so, my tires are balanced. maybe a bad shock?

Old 07-09-2010, 10:50 AM

I am going through the same issue with Duratracs put on this week. Some advice, just because a shop balanced them doesn't mean they are balanced. On the 2nd balance, the side to side was much improvebut mine we're still hopping/bouncing like crazy. Unfortunatly, I think Good Year has produced another crap tire. I took it back in this morning for a more dynamic balancing process to see if that takes care of the issue. If not, the Duratracs are coming off and BFG's going on. 1 or more tires feels as if it is out-of-round, which, if the case, all the balancing in the world is not going to eliminate the issue.

Old 07-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Banned
Default u could probably block it up

and watch it wiggle, i saw it like that at a tire shop on an old mini

im bettin on tires

tom

Old 07-10-2010, 08:48 AM

Quick update that might help; the tire shop load balanced and match mounted my tires yesterday and it seemed to get it back to almost normal. I havent had an alignment yet so that is the next step before the final evaluation of the handling. But as I said, it was a huge improvment over just spin balancing. The guys working on it have been very helpful and receptive to my complaints and have not yet suggested that the shaking could be coming from any source other than the new tires.

Old 07-10-2010, 12:09 PM

i did some reading on load balancing on the web. i still don't get it??

i'm getting ready to just go down and have them put on 5 BFGs and put the Duratracs on Craigslist...

Old 07-13-2010, 12:18 PM

I beat you to it Whatever. After the fancy balancing the truck was OK for about 100 miles the started bouncing all over again. I decided I had enough and went back to the tire shop and had them put BFG's on. I haven't taken it on the highway yet, but I am assuming it will be better.

I really couldn't see the Duratracs fulfilling my expectations as far as the ride went. I think it was going to be a continuos game of catch up trying to balance them as they got broken in. They looked great but I dont think that type of tire is one of GoodYears strengths.

Old 07-13-2010, 03:32 PM

Well Guys,
Took it to the tire shop on Saturday. They took it for a drive and said they could feel the wobble also. About an hour later they told me the balancing that they had done 2 weeks earlier was way off.
The wobble seems to have gone now but i'm kinda looking for it all the time now !
Hopefully it's sorted now once and for all.
Thanks for all your replies !

Quick Reply: wobble through car