PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Windshield Chips

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 07:55 AM
Default RE: Windshield Chips

ORIGINAL: hummernewby
It's just in Texas the rock haulers and others are bad about not covering their loads.
Amen to that......I travel I20, I45 and US67 extensively, So I feel your pain darlin.

I still haven't ponied up the $$ to get mine replaced (large crack instead of a chip).

Old 06-05-2007, 08:20 AM

"Do you guys think those hood bug deflectors would help some? It redirects the air away from the windshield"

Anyone installed a deflector?

Old 06-05-2007, 08:42 AM

Have you found one that looks right on an H3?

I've not been able to find any pics of one actually installed (but then I haven't really looked)

My SMA grill guard takes most of the hits and deflects the majority of the rocks over the top, but a few do/have made contact.

Guess that's just the price one pays for driving something with the aerodynamics of a brick---

Old 06-05-2007, 09:15 AM

We've been lucky so far. As of yet we don't have any chips on the windshield, after almost one year. But, at any given time, there are more bugs than you'll find in a rain forest.. splattered all over it. [&:]We need to replace our wipers with bug scrapers.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:29 AM

Oh hell.......................

Here we go..........................

"Bug Splat of the Month"

Think we ought to start a thread?

Photo submissions could be judged on circumference of the splat, gut saturation/opacity and color...

1 to 10 points for each criteria, with 5 bonus points added for stuck on remains/parts/carcasses.

(That's sick enough to almost be funny....At least in my warped little mind)

Old 06-05-2007, 09:51 AM

We had ours less than 48 hours when we made a trip to the coast. It was butterfly migration time.. and the entire front of the H3 was SOLID dead butterflies. I even had to clean the radiator off before we headed back, and stopped once just to clean the windshield. If I had a pick.. I think I could win the contest... it was unreal. Even the little onstar ant. had them piled up on it. [&:]

It took about a day before it smelled like a rotten gut pile. [:'(]

Old 06-06-2007, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Fireman

We had ours less than 48 hours when we made a trip to the coast. It was butterfly migration time.. and the entire front of the H3 was SOLID dead butterflies. I even had to clean the radiator off before we headed back, and stopped once just to clean the windshield. If I had a pick.. I think I could win the contest... it was unreal. Even the little onstar ant. had them piled up on it. [&:]

It took about a day before it smelled like a rotten gut pile. [:'(]

Yes, rock chips stink, As we got ours in the winter, and they love to spread those little boulder on our roads, it was not long before we had 2 nice little rock chips[:@] But "holy bug splatter batman", I can't believe how bad the windshield gets with all the bugs that get stuck to it![:-]

Old 06-07-2007, 10:40 AM

I've got 3 chips on my H3 in 7 months... I need to schedule a trip to the windshield repair place, my insurance (Allstate) told me I had zero deductible on chip repairs but $250 on windshield replacement. No brainer, but I gotta do it before those pesky little chips start running.

Old 06-10-2007, 09:45 PM

524 miles and 9 days old... got mine today on the way to Oklahoma City...... on top of that I spent all morning washing and hand drying it and when we get to said location.... downpour of rain. The kicker was when HELL TRIP was over, my mileage at the end of the trip and sitting in my driveway right now it is at 666 miles. WOW !

Why oh why did JC Penny's have to run a 50% off sale today ! (reason for the trip to OKC)

Old 06-10-2007, 10:21 PM

I was in the middle of cutting grass when that storm came into Moorefrom theSouthwest from Chichasha...Did you go to Crossroads or Norman Sooner Fashion Mall?

Quick Reply: Windshield Chips