PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

will this work??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Default will this work??

Will a 2005 GMC Yukon factory nav radio fit in a 2006 H3? I am curious bc i came across one that i can get very cheap. Thank you.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by WannaScoopaDis
Will a 2005 GMC Yukon factory nav radio fit in a 2006 H3? I am curious bc i came across one that i can get very cheap. Thank you.
Honestly? There's no way to tell unless you try it I would think. When I sold my factory nav on eBay the guy needed my VIN number so the dealer could unlock it for use with his vehicle.

I will tell you this: the factory navigation SUCKS. The maps are terrible, hurt my eyes to look at, and the functionality of the units overall is abysmal.

If you look hard enough you can find a double din with great navigation, bluetooth, dvd, etc. In addition to the navigation interface being terrible, I hate messing those expensive navigation DVD's.

My head unit has garmin nav built in, and I just recently updated my maps by dropping the files on an SD card, putting in the head unit, and selecting them in the nav menus. Its that easy. If I really wanted to I could hook a laptop up to it and drop the files into the head unit so I don't have to keep the SD card in the unit.

No offense but the last thing I would spend my hard earned cash on would be a factory navigation unit unless its practically being given away, and even then.

If it's what you honestly want then get it, if you think you would be happier with something else then I would stay away from this due to the potential headaches you're likely to encounter.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:51 PM

snip here, snip there..
Originally Posted by Draketh
I will tell you this: the factory navigation SUCKS. The maps are terrible, hurt my eyes to look at, and the functionality of the units overall is abysmal.

In addition to the navigation interface being terrible, I hate messing those expensive navigation DVD's.

No offense but the last thing I would spend my hard earned cash on would be a factory navigation unit unless its practically being given away, and even then.
I'll go one step farther. When looking for my H3, then my H3t, in addition to required features there was one required to not have feature - factory navigation. Find an after market unit with a good interface, free or dirt cheap map updates, and will be supported for years down the road, OR go with a dash mounted GPS/smartphone.

Old 05-06-2011, 06:48 AM

so what i get from you guys is that the factory navigation sucks lol... i have a garmin already so i guess ill just have to hold out for an indash dvd/nav aftermarket unit.

thanks for the info!