PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Will rising gas prices change your driving plans?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Default RE: Will rising gas prices change your driving plans?

For me, I haven't changed my habbits on the H2. I am driving my Z less but that's more because she was getting a lot of miles and after gas in the area creeped closer to 4 bucks a gallon I am now taking public transit (for those in the area BART) and saving the miles on my Z but still taking the H2 out for trips. Now I just have to wonder why I am keeping the Z around if I don't really need it for commuting any more...maybe convince the "boss" we need an H3 to drive to BART.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:43 AM

Nope, no change. Trading Exxon/Mobil stock is more than making up the difference.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:46 AM

ORIGINAL: g_traveller

Nope, no change. Trading Exxon/Mobil stock is more than making up the difference.
NICE!!!!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:51 AM

ORIGINAL: g_traveller

Provide tips for the rest of us...... We all need it.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:16 PM

I'm not changing my local habits at all, or my offroading habits, but longer road trips are definitely more carefully considered.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Nope. Doesn't change a thing.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:58 PM

Nope, no changes here. I am a truck guy, so I would expect to pay alot for gas no matter what type of truck I drive. The only think I would consider would be adding another car to drive when I do not need the duece. Like an H4!!

I would estimate that on average gasis costing me like $600 a month. Even with a smaller truck that gets around 18 mpg's I would still be paying around $450 or sothats only $150 less a month. Not worth ditching the hummer. I will just suck it up, literally.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:03 PM

I fill up3+ times a week at about $90 a pop. Sure money can get tight. I have 2 boys that cost double that in food bills alone every week -AND I have a baby on the way.I may have togive up something eventually - anyone want some kids? HAHA
[sm=joke.gif]
Nah,I just grin and bear it. I'm already selling my '66 Mustang,I won't sell my H2.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:57 PM

ORIGINAL: GirlieH2

I fill up3+ times a week at about $90 a pop. Sure money can get tight. I have 2 boys that cost double that in food bills alone every week -AND I have a baby on the way.I may have togive up something eventually - anyone want some kids? HAHA
[sm=joke.gif]
Nah,I just grin and bear it. I'm already selling my '66 Mustang,I won't sell my H2.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:13 PM

I am so sick of the government not doing anything about the rising gas prices. It is not so much the$$ i pay to fill up, but the effect it has on everything else we buy. As soon as I can afford it I am converting to Duramax/Allison combo and running Bio diesel even if I have to start making it my self. I will NEVER give up driving my H2.

flex..............

Quick Reply: Will rising gas prices change your driving plans?