PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Will this headlight work on my H3?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 12:37 PM
Default Will this headlight work on my H3?

I bought this on ebay as a factory upgrade, but obviously they don't look like they're direct bolt in.. I didn't buy the kit, just looking for a different look. Has anyone used these bulbs? Just wondering if it'll work at all, and how much modification would be needed.

Attached Thumbnails Will this headlight work on my H3?-photo.jpg  
Old 09-06-2010, 09:13 PM

your trying to replace a h13 with a h3 bulb it wont work the only way it could possibly work is by rewiring the headlight harness to a h3 bulb assembly then buying a h3 fog light housing and replacing the stock one and you will have less light in the end and it will cost hundreds of dollars to retro fit. I suggest going and getting the silverstar h13's or look at the eurodezign ones.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:46 PM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

+1 on the Sylvania Silverstars H13 lamps

Old 09-07-2010, 12:11 PM

Thanks guys, looks like these will be returned.

Old 09-07-2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

+3 on the Sylvania Silverstars

Old 09-07-2010, 03:17 PM

I did a LOT of research trying to decide on the best halogen upgrade, and settled on the Philips X-Treme Power lamps. Quite a few of the reviews (which rated the Philips over the Sylvania), said the Sylvanias burnt out too quickly, and were not as bright. I attached a link, which is a 'must read' before you make a choice.

http://aphnetworks.com/lounge/2009_c...treme_power_80

Old 09-07-2010, 05:59 PM
Banned

I def heard the sylvanias burn out quickly, but I didn't hear about the philips being brighter and lasting longer. Thanks for the link!

Old 09-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Location: The Empire State... should be called The Nanny State

An interesting read. Thanks for the link. A little peculiar since the publication openly admitted to contracting Philips while doing a story on the product, as the article had an infomercialesque quality to it. Like it was written by a marketing exec for Philips... Describing the packaging in such detail and why they chose the graphics/color scheme of said packaging?
Worth trying out when my Sylvanias burn out but so far I have to say, the Sylvanias have been fine. I even use Osram/Sylvania's in stage lights @ my B job and are far superior to whatever crap the guy before me had in. Those things would blow out mid production. Home Depot contracts Philips for a lot of their home lighting and all the lamps I bought for my house have burned out real quickly or haven't perfromed as advertised. Not that that has any bearing on automotive headlights so I'll quit digressing however it was the reason why I ordered Sylvanias to begin with since Autozone only sold the reg. Philips.
But like I said, I'll give these new X-Treme Power ones a try though when I need to replace the headlights. I'm curious to see how they are now. Thanks again for the link

Old 09-08-2010, 06:12 AM

On a side note....When I bought the 'Crystal Vision Extremes' for my headlights, I got them because they were Philips brightest/best. I wanted an exact match for the fogs, but they don't make them, so I settled for Philips 2nd brightest/best, which are their 'X-Treme Power'. Now that I have them both, I like the looks of the 'X-Treme Power' better.....they're a whiter white (even though they may sacrifice a little intensity compared to the 'Crystal Visions'. Next replacement time, I'll know.