PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Will cranking the torsions raise the rear?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
what is all this leveling talk about, I did a search and can't find clear definition of what it actually does?
Cranking the torsion bars and giving the front-end a free 2" lift. It equalizes ground clearance between the front and rear axles. Look up how to crank the torsion bars; there are LOTS of threads on it.

One of THE most effective mods you can do; and it's FREE.

Oh and ditch the nerf bars for maximum results.

Old 08-22-2010, 08:15 PM
Banned
Default Step right up,,,or,,,down!

well anyway ,this will make some puke,,but i liked the looks of my steps, but they were too high to be really helpful..

sooo,, i dropped them 4 inches, almost midway down and they really work great. im not crazy about the space that shows and might mess with a temp filler till,,oh no,,winter,but meantime i only crawl the gravel on my driveway!! so clearance is not a deal.

the girls like them.

hey btw someone stole an end cap,,any ideas what to use?

Old 08-26-2010, 03:10 PM

When I asked my trusted mechanic about levelling my wife's H3, first thing he metioned was cranking the T-bars. Or... he said that I can also purchase a replacement "key" (not sure what that is) to level the front. My question now is this: If you level the front by just cranking the T-bar, will that have an effect on the quality of the ride? I know that alignment is required once you crank those T's.

Is there really a PROPER way to level the H3 (if saving money is not to be considered)? Buy replacement key and shocks? What?

Inquiring mind want to know. Thanks.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 PM

Here is the perfect answer for the nerf bar question. I am going to get one of these hopefully within the next 12 months. Its a little pricey but I heard 1200. I got a buddy at deer camp that has one on his Chevy 4x4 and it works great, can't see it till ya open the door. I am removing my nerfs and want to put this on. Here is the web site
http://www.electricstep.com/

Old 08-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned

There is no difference between cranking the tbars or putting in new torsion index keys. The only difference is, one will drain your wallet, the other will drain your dominant arm

Cranking the bars will induce slightly more nose-dive during heavy braking. If you over-crank the tbars, the nose will be sky-high and will bounce, not flex, down the road.