PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Why so much hate for Hummer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Default RE: Why so much hate for Hummer?

ORIGINAL: HummBob

JEALOUS!!!! That Is ALL!!!
In most cases, you're right, but jealousy is not always the case. There are just people out there that hate anything to do with the military, especially during wartime. Remember, Hummers are associated with killing bad guys. They hate that. Military association makes a welcome stick to beat Hummers with.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:18 PM

ORIGINAL: Highwinder

In most cases, you're right, but jealousy is not always the case. There are just people out there that hate anything to do with the military, especially during wartime. Remember, Hummers are associated with killing bad guys. They hate that. Military association makes a welcome stick to beat Hummers with.
Very TRUE....Plus there are the LIBERAL "EnViRoNmEnTaLiSt" LEAF LICKERS!!!

Old 01-22-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: aredot
On a recent trip to the gas station I ran across a stupid tree hugger who was complaining about how Hummers are destroying our eco-system. this guy then decided to tell me that if I bought a smaller vehicle I would be helping to save the planet ( I guess he didn't notice that I'm 6'5 and weigh 270 lbs.) maybe it has to do with the fact that H1's and H2's don't get great gas mileage. but my H3 is getting 19 miles per gallon (better thn my old Nissan Murano tht was suppose to get 20 and 24) I guess people don't do the reserch but there are quite a few SUV's Pickup trucks and sports cars that get just as bad or worse mileage than Hummers. But I guess Hummer is an easy target. So has anyone else run across these Hummer Haters?
Never had this problem and I'm only 6'1 and 250.. I guess I just look f'n meaner than you...

Old 01-22-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: SedonaBoundH3

It has a lot more to do with becoming an in-your-face society and power tripping than anything about the environment.
You got the first half right. The other half is that these eco-freaks have turned the environment into a religion, and they are zealots the likes of which even most religions have never seen. Case in point: Where I live in the pacific northwest, any free-standing mosquito-producing mud puddle is in the process of beingclassified as a "wetland", and thus protected by law. They virtually become religious shrines.

In 1991, Mt. Pinatubo erupted inthe Philippines (I was in the Navy, I got to see the damage firsthand). That eruption threw the equivelent of 14,000 years worth of current-day man-made pollution into the air in the form of noxious greenhouse gases and solid particulates. It did this in the first 15 seconds of a 3 hour eruption. Now here we are 16 years later. The earth didn't heat up and we're all still here,breathing just fine.

But according to these genetic misfires, my SUV is gonna kill us all.
Very good..you listened to Rush too I see

Old 01-23-2007, 12:09 AM

They're just jealous....My M3 gets much better milage than my M5 does anyhow..

Old 01-23-2007, 01:11 AM

ORIGINAL: cnynctry

What the hell was he doin in a gas station???? Filling his bike tires with air? It scares me that a small minority of ignorant people can have so much influence.[:'(]
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...

Old 01-23-2007, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Our facilities manager says our military is a joke and the time he spent in it was the worst 3 years of his life, or something like that. He said some other derogatory things that made me want to beat him. We would be under Hitler's rule right now if it wasn't for our military, and who knows who else. Freakin' moronic people out there. You don't blame the military for stupid idiotic political decisions. They are just following orders. I can't stand ignorant people. DOH!

Old 01-23-2007, 09:31 PM

Hummers are good everyone should get one.....oh and I like the GM Hummers as well.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:42 AM

It's because all H1 owners are ******!!!!(just kidding tex)

Old 01-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: RutDogg

Hummers are good everyone should get one.....oh and I like the GM Hummers as well.
OK Your Avatar just beat everybody else's out, even IK's signature.

Quick Reply: Why so much hate for Hummer?