PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Why so much hate for Hummer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 01:28 PM
Default Why so much hate for Hummer?

On a recent trip to the gas station I ran across a stupid tree hugger who was complaining about how Hummers are destroying our eco-system. this guy then decided to tell me that if I bought a smaller vehicle I would be helping to save the planet ( I guess he didn't notice that I'm 6'5 and weigh 270 lbs.) maybe it has to do with the fact that H1's and H2's don't get great gas mileage. but my H3 is getting 19 miles per gallon (better thn my old Nissan Murano tht was suppose to get 20 and 24) I guess people don't do the reserch but there are quite a few SUV's Pickup trucks and sports cars that get just as bad or worse mileage than Hummers. But I guess Hummer is an easy target. So has anyone else run across these Hummer Haters?

Old 01-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Default RE: Why so much hate for Hummer?

These are idiot, Hypocrite Liberals, that talk out the asses and jump on political band wagons and spout out factless rhetoric just because it's in the fashion right now and they heard some Hollywoodeco-freak say something even more factless....Damn I hate Ed Asner and Al Gore[:@][:@]

Here's to them and their Liberal loonie tunes in the DC areatoo...Name:  finger.gif
Views: 194
Size:  5.5 KB

Old 01-21-2007, 02:07 PM

FRom time to time people do meet an IGNORAMUS who hates hummer owners for going for what we really want. You are 100% correct about the other vehicles that get much worse gas mileage than even the H2's.....look at statistics for a lot of the trucks around...we are getting more mpg...also the small everyday driver isn't the problem. It is business & industry.

I get far more people telling me positive stuff about my H3 than negative...I'm a big girl (not in weight -122 lb) but in my HUMMER ATTITUDE, so to you i say "happy driving"

Old 01-21-2007, 02:46 PM

It has a lot more to do with becoming an in-your-face society and power tripping than anything about the environment.

Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 PM

Here In Alberta I've been recieving lots of thumbs up, except for the occasional Jeep owner giving me the HUMMER salute [sm=nono.gif]Jealous Basterds... LOL
Oh ya... can't forget about those waves and smiles from them cute hotties either!!!! [sm=loveeyes.gif]

Old 01-21-2007, 08:30 PM

my H3 gets better mpg than my Z71 does
the Z71 gets 14.5
my 06 H3 was gettin 17...havent checked the 07 yet and dont know if i will

Old 01-22-2007, 01:30 PM

What the hell was he doin in a gas station???? Filling his bike tires with air? It scares me that a small minority of ignorant people can have so much influence.[:'(]

Old 01-22-2007, 06:59 PM

ORIGINAL: SedonaBoundH3

It has a lot more to do with becoming an in-your-face society and power tripping than anything about the environment.
You got the first half right. The other half is that these eco-freaks have turned the environment into a religion, and they are zealots the likes of which even most religions have never seen. Case in point: Where I live in the pacific northwest, any free-standing mosquito-producing mud puddle is in the process of beingclassified as a "wetland", and thus protected by law. They virtually become religious shrines.

In 1991, Mt. Pinatubo erupted inthe Philippines (I was in the Navy, I got to see the damage firsthand). That eruption threw the equivelent of 14,000 years worth of current-day man-made pollution into the air in the form of noxious greenhouse gases and solid particulates. It did this in the first 15 seconds of a 3 hour eruption. Now here we are 16 years later. The earth didn't heat up and we're all still here,breathing just fine.

But according to these genetic misfires, my SUV is gonna kill us all.

Old 01-22-2007, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: kild1

my H3 gets better mpg than my Z71 does
the Z71 gets 14.5
my 06 H3 was gettin 17...havent checked the 07 yet and dont know if i will
Who, Wha, uh, what were we talking about..... (sorry, that signature has IK's beat)

Old 01-22-2007, 07:50 PM

JEALOUS!!!! That Is ALL!!!

Quick Reply: Why so much hate for Hummer?