PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Who is left to service Hummers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 02:38 PM
Default Who is left to service Hummers?

My sister recently purchased a new 2009 H3 and now after 6,500 miles the check engine light is on. When she purchased it at the Hummer dealer in Louisville, KY we asked if we ever needed to have them serviced, would we have to take them to a Hummer dealer. Their answer was that any GM dealer would service them and not just those that sold Hummers. However, after calling the 2 closest GM dealerships they claim that they will not service them because they don't sell Hummers. What bull! What are we supposed to do after all of the Hummer dealers are out of business and closed down?

Old 09-16-2010, 03:18 PM

first, there are still plenty of hummer dealers around. 2, any chevy dealer can deal with 3.7 engine, same as colorado. in owners man. should be a number to call for problems like this.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:38 PM
Banned

Bullsh*t that GM dealership wont work on your truck! ANY GM dealership can do it; ALTHOUGH I would stick to a prior HUMMER dealership because they know their trucks best.

Old 09-16-2010, 05:50 PM

The problem with taking it to the nearest Hummer dealer is that it's 200 miles away. We called their service department and they said we can call Roadside Assistance to tow it to them but we would still have to drive there and pick it up. I plan on contacting GM about the service department at these two dealerships.

Old 09-16-2010, 06:12 PM

I was rejected by two GM dealership closer to my place and referred me to another GM dealership who sold hummers as well, 35 kms away from my place.
They are truly Generous Motors

And by the time I get to that damned place they were asking $450 just to fix the damaged arm rest cushion.F@ckin' BS Eh?

I said hell NO!!!
I went home and was able to fixed it myself with just a piece of wood I stick into the damaged area and put some cloth in place and bingo!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Any GM dealership will work on them, in fact GM will require that they work on them. Call the regional service rep and let him straighten it out for you.

Old 09-16-2010, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by RaYoSeKiZ
I was rejected by two GM dealership closer to my place and referred me to another GM dealership who sold hummers as well, 35 kms away from my place.
They are truly Generous Motors

And by the time I get to that damned place they were asking $450 just to fix the damaged arm rest cushion.F@ckin' BS Eh?

I said hell NO!!!
I went home and was able to fixed it myself with just a piece of wood I stick into the damaged area and put some cloth in place and bingo!
Haha, I don't blame you! Nice fix.

Originally Posted by 3hummers
Any GM dealership will work on them, in fact GM will require that they work on them. Call the regional service rep and let him straighten it out for you.
Where can I get the # for the regional service rep? I've found #'s in the owners manual to contact GM & Hummer.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:18 AM

Try a Buick/GMC dealer. I would think any GM dealer would welcome the work. I know our local GM dealer would.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:10 AM

any gm dealer will service and order parts for it, if not they can direct you to a place that can

Old 09-17-2010, 09:46 AM

[quote=Surfincoastie;232755]any gm dealer will service and order parts for it, if not they can direct you to a place that can[/quote]

Exactly the problem!!!

Quick Reply: Who is left to service Hummers?