PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

White Hummer H3 with Gobi Rack

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 01:27 AM
Default RE: White Hummer H3 with Gobi Rack

Thanks for the advise. Lucky for me, the dumpster and recycling bins are by my end of the building, so pitching the stuff wil be easy. I'v never been told to wait for the trucking company that will deliver it to call for a delivery time before, so I am waiting on pins and needles hoping things go well. It's been two weeks and I don't even know if it has been shipped yet. If I dont hear anything by Wed of next week, I will call them back.

Old 09-30-2006, 09:47 AM

ORIGINAL: Linus Gump

I'v never been told to wait for the trucking company that will deliver it to call for a delivery time before, so I am waiting on pins and needles hoping things go well.
The reason they call is because they want you to be there to unload it. Typically a shipping company will only bring it to the back of the truck and it's your job to take it from there. They will help you get it on the ground but you'd better have another person there to help move it where it needs to go. As has been said, it's a huge box and weighs close to 100 lbs. Hope you don't have to go upstairs......[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 10-01-2006, 01:14 PM

Hey Ghostrider that loooks Shweeet!

Thanks for the detailed photos of the installation. You guys had a great idea to hang the rack and then lower it onto the roof. I have been involved the engineering type most of my life, went to an engineering school and I understand the pride of building a better mousetrap, so to speak. You guys rock!

Are you planning on getting the lights for the rack anytime soon?

[sm=goodidea.gif]

[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]
[sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 10-01-2006, 01:32 PM

haha thanks! Yea, us engineers tend to see the world just a little differently by identifying the potential for the most mundane objects
[sm=roll.gif]

getting the lights is an understatement for what I'd like to do with my lights...the rear lights should be here by wednesday and my roomate has 4 piaa 520's that were on a jeep he used to have. He said I could have them. I just have to figure out how to mount the 6" monsters on that rack. Its free so theres gotta be a way!

Plus down the line I'm looking to get some amber strobes, as well as 2 floods out each side. Doing it on a shoestring though so I'm at the mercy of ebay. Basically I want it to light up my neighborhood [sm=shades.gif]

Old 10-01-2006, 03:43 PM

Very nice job on the GOBI roof rack! Man....I would like to get one of those with the ladder set-up. That really rounds out the look of your Hummer and being I also have a Birch White H3, I don't have to imagine what this will look like now that you have posted these detailed pics. Now to start saving........