PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Where to buy a decent priced lawnmower

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 05:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default Where to buy a decent priced lawnmower

I need one, push one, preferably gas or rechargable cordless (don't even go there ). Where can I get a good price on a gas lawnmower? I would prefer at least a 18" blade, but would like a 19" blade. Any help is appreciated. Gracias.

Old 04-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Default RE: Where to buy a decent priced lawnmower

Got mine at Home Depot .. dunno if it was decently priced but it does a good job none the less .. 19" blade, 6.5hp I *think*, self propelled .. paid 350 for it.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:30 PM

You mightalso try checking with a local lawn mower repair shop in your area. Many times, these folks will pick-up non-op mowers,refurbished them, andthen sell them for their parts cost plus a little profit. Also, they will sell older units which customers have traded-in for newer ones. That's what my brother-in-law did when he owned a large landscaping business, and it saved him quite a bitof money. [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-19-2007, 06:45 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I need one, push one, preferably gas or rechargable cordless (don't even go there ). Where can I get a good price on a gas lawnmower? I would prefer at least a 18" blade, but would like a 19" blade. Any help is appreciated. Gracias.
Get one of these , the "Prius" of lawnmowers!

Old 04-19-2007, 09:00 PM

i agree withlooking athome depot (got my walk behind, self propelled there), but watch out for the window washer girls in the parking lot. whatever you get, if you get gas, make sure it's got a briggs & stratton engine. you can rebuild one in an afternoon, and get parts anywhere. the local lawn mower repair places are a good place to start too, if you don't need brand new and shiny. or even better, get a craftsman rider - mine's got a 42" cut, only takes 2 hours to do the lawn now - vs. 4 with the push mower.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:52 PM

Sears.
http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...seBVCookie=Yes

or
Costco have a walk behind stainless steel deck with a Honda 6.5 motor can't beat a Honda motor for $300 and walk power same thing for $350.both rear bags
That's what i bought.
or home depot
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...=lawn%20mowers|652352304

Old 04-19-2007, 09:58 PM

I have a Honda Harmony II quadra-cut...

And a 23 year old Snapper Hi-vac...Best cutting mower in the world..that's why I keep rebuilding it..On its second engine and third set of wheels...Oh it's a walk behind self propelled...I'm the the self that propels it

If I was looking..I'd look for a used Snapper..they can be totoally rebuilt.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:06 PM

I also have a Honda mower. Had it for years and never had a problem. I use a Gravely to mow the big parts of the yard.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:41 PM

I use to have a 48 in buton that was a nice toy with a 12 hp HondaI had a landscaping bussiness on the side for about 8 years.

Old 04-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

I found a gas oneat Menards on sale this weekend for $138 with 22" blades! I couldn't pass it up. Now, if my new grass would just grow, I could try it out! I think the brand name is Yard Machines.

Quick Reply: Where to buy a decent priced lawnmower