PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wheelin 101 April 5th near Tremont PA

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Wheelin 101 April 5th near Tremont PA

Understand...I will order mine tonight since the group but went down the toilet.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

If you really loved us you would see if they want to work a deal with Patrick to sponsor the site.. and/or give us free pods...

Old 04-09-2008, 07:31 PM

If there going to give them out for free I'll take one...j/k

Old 04-09-2008, 07:51 PM

i wish I was there .... april is such a bad month ....
but I have completed my move and with the nice weather comingit would be nbice to do some wheeelinh

Old 04-18-2008, 08:16 AM

Hey Gang,

Sorry I was late seeing all this - I was on vacation in the Outter Banks.

I am sooooo very sorry to hear what happened .... and I'm a bit embarrassedand discusted by it.

I WILL point this out to our President. Totally uncalled for....and NOT what the club is supposed to be about.I'm a bit pissed - as I know who the person is and just can't imagine why he'd be that way.

If there's any other feedback - Please let me know! jandy@lieblweb.com

You guys enjoy your upcoming adventures and maybe we'll see ya'll on the trails soon.

My severe apologies go out to you for what happened.

Old 04-18-2008, 12:34 PM

Hello everyone. I'm Randy or "Cricket", the current President of The Keystone Krawlers Off-Road club. Thank you Jandy for alerting me of this posting.

First off I want to apologize for what had happened during the 101 ride. It is our goal as a club to make every time out on the trails a positive and enjoyable experience. I'm shocked to say the least to hear these commentscame from Clay. I've wheeled with him a few times before and knew him for a few years now and I never expected to hear of something like this happening. Just to clear one thing up, I drive a Ford so I'm unfamiliar with the Jeep thing so please don't hold that against me! (JK) And my Mother-in-law owns an H3 therefore I'm required to like and be supportive of all Hummer owners - lol.

Getting back to being serious, PLEASE don't judge the Keystone Krawlers by the actions of one member. I know it's difficult, especially if it's your first time dealing with the club. I'll alert Clay to the fact that he may have made some hurtful comments during the ride. I'm sorry that I was unable to attend because I would have liked to meet all of you! I will send Clay this link so maybe he can help clear the air. I just hope it doesn't turn into a verbal battle because it sounds like there are some VERY strong feeling in here which I can fully understand by reading the posts. If anyone has additional concerns please feel free to email me directly at Cricket301@comcast.net

Again, I am VERY sorry that not everyone had an enjoyable experience.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

I understand that you can't and shouldn't be held accountable for the actions of one person... as for the guestimated $1200 damage to my Deuce... I'll live...

The Dodge that went out for the first time... I dunno... he smashed a front quarter panel and his exhaust... his first trip out in his new truck and he has no less than $1000 in damages...

My beef was not the trails... it was him not giving a crap.... this was billed as a 101 trail... something I thought I could take the kids to... now they don't ever want to go again... when there were suitable bypasses to be taken...

Had we not had a mutiny and refused to continue who knows what we would have gone through... I think him finishing with only 5-6 trucksshould have said something... I dunno...

he doesn't need to come here and clear the air... he said it all loud and clear at Rausch...

Old 04-18-2008, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

I can relate to you so much on this Muddy. This is why I tell stories about my wife not caring to go so much. ME, HummerMike and two other trucks went to a supposedly "Hummer-Friendly" park. Mike's truck sunk at a 60 degree tilt into a ditch (which my wife let out a slight scream about) getting out luckily, but half the trails were really rough on our trucks. We spent 75% of our time walking through the trails and 25% going back out because we got to a point where we couldn't pass anymore.

Now she thinks going off-roading is hiking through trails dodging ATV's and hoping your truck doesn't slide into a ditch.

I can only imagine what your kids think of it.

Now you understand why I'm always referencing trying to convince my wife to go

I'm sorry to hear that. If your kids come to one that my wife and I go to, we'll plan some things to make them want to come back!

This also shows why I'm paranoid about going on a trail without HummerMike. He has a natural knack for trail navigation, as does Jeremy. When you are a newbie like me, you rely on those that claim to be the experts. When you break your truck, your self-confidence about going off-roading goes down the gutter.

Old 04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
Super Moderator

It's a hummer friendly park.... but just like the real world the hummer doesn't fit everywhere... HOWEVER... we announced in this thread and via emails that we would be there... 4 of us showed and after Jamie had to leave the agenda came out... there were no real issues prior to that... he had a choice to make it easier on us and he chose not to...

Old 04-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

I read the entire thread. I don't want to comment on the rest since I wasn't there, but I do understand what you went through. It's a bit why I'm so paranoid about going off-roading. It's not the truck failing as much as getting bad direction.

Off-Topic, I may actually be able to make it on that May 24th weekend. I don't know yet, but I think we should all discuss in the other thread. Just a FYI.

Quick Reply: Wheelin 101 April 5th near Tremont PA