PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wheelin 101 April 5th near Tremont PA

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Default Wheelin 101 April 5th near Tremont PA

Greetings everyone!
I'll be honest - as I don't know much about the Hummers, I know it has 4WD and that's all that matters. I've wheeled with them and seen them do some amazing stuff!

If you're from the Pennsylvania area and are interested in getting your trucks a little dirty on some offroading action - here's a perfect oppurtunity to do it.

The Keystone Krawlers Offroad club is having a *Wheelin 101* offroad trip on April 5th, 2008 at Rausch Creek Offroad Park near Tremont, PA.
Rausch Creek is an offroad park (legal and insured) - here is their website: http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/

The Wheelin 101 trip is specifically for people who've never gone offroad before, are beginners, or have stock vehicles and want an easy day out. The event will start off with a short lecture about offroading, how to drive, what to expect, what to look for, trail etiquette, and keeping it safe and responsible. This event is open to the public whom own any brand, model of 4WD vehicle. The trails that will be explored are easy / green rated trails. There will be qualified and experienced club members on hand to assist you with anything you'll need. If you feel uncomfortable about any given situation - STOP - and ask for help. These events are supposed to be a relaxing, fun filled, educational experience for the beginners.

Rausch Creek is a *pay-to-play* park. If you're a first time visitor to the park - you'll have to pay a $10 membership fee that's good for an entire year. The daily charge to go offroading is $25 and $5 for each passenger.

I'm personally not trying to promote club membership - but only want to promote SAFE, LEGAL, and RESPONSIBLE offroading. If you're new and you attend this type of an event - you're more likely to come back (as an offroad enthusiast) and you're more likely to promote responsible wheeling for the future of the hobby.

Here's some useful information:
http://www.lieblweb.com/tacoma/Gener...froadTips.html

If you're interested in attending.... contact Jamie iroccrawl@keystonekrawlers.com
Tell 'em "Janster sent ya"

If you have any questions - feel free to shoot me an e-mail
jandy@lieblweb.com
MY website:
http://www.lieblweb.com/[/align][/align]

Old 03-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Default RE: Wheelin 101 April 5th near Tremont PA

assuming any hummer owners wouldn't take constant crap just for owning a hummer, this is awesome. it would be good if someone had experience with the different features of the hummer, like how to get into 4lo, locking the diff (if you have one), when to go into the different 4wd modes and such. hopefully the experienced folks would be able to share the knowledge of when 4lo helps, when it's not helpful, etc etc etc. as long as it's not an event meant to rag on hummer owners, i'd say something like this would be a great idea for someone new to the hummer, whether you've been offroad in other vehicles before or not. nothing like sitting in comfort, with the seat nice and toasty, and locking the rearend to climb over a boulder. while i don't live in PA (anymore), thanks for the invite. for those of you that do live there, this sounds like fun - i'd recommend giving it a shot.

Old 03-19-2008, 10:11 AM

Shortbus,

The guys that run this event are cool and wouldn't give anyone **** for drivinga Hummer (or anythinog for that matter). It's all about promoting the hobby safely. If anyone goes to this and they get ridiculed for owninga Hummer - then I WANNA hear about it and I wanna know who it was!! Seriously....I'll make sure they UNDERSTAND that kinda stuffisn'ttolerated!!!

I absolutely LOVE this picture
http://www.lieblweb.com/cpg/albums/O...W/IMG_6840.jpg

I don't know who the guy was or wherehe was from, but that Hummer was HUGE and that mud hole he went in swallows most everythingelse on the trail! That was pictured at Make-A-Wish eventat Rausch Creek back in 2006 (If I remember correctly).

Old 03-19-2008, 10:13 AM

then it sounds like a good deal. thanks for posting this up for our members. i'd definitely go if it weren't 3000 miles away . . . . [&o]

Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

Some of the Hummer Happenings are similiar to this. Sounds like a great event. I know a lot of the new Hummer owners I have talked to are intimidated to show up at a THCI event or most of the other clubs because they think everybody knows what to do but them. A lot are scared about tearing up their trucks. This is the perfect type of eventto get people introduced to their vehicle. I agree with you Shorty that having someone familiar with Hummers would be a big assist. Wish I weren't 3000 miles away myself.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Do you need any help? Are you expecting new Hummer owners?

Old 03-20-2008, 12:32 AM

I don't think they need any help - although, I don't know how many people are planning on attending. The organizers haven't communicated anything. It's not a big event- just the local club offering up a beginners trip at the local offroad park. Nothing special.

No Hummers are expected...That's why I came here to post about it. I'd like to see more diversity at these events (and in the hobby in general). I think the hobby would do soo much better if we all understood eachothers vehicles and what makes them all unique.

Hell.... if you're interested in going - then I think you should go!! Bring some friends with you!
Atleast - have a nice quiet easy day on the trails, meet some new people, and let the other folk learn a bit about the Hummers. Can't hurt!

Old 03-20-2008, 05:31 AM

I wish I didn't work that day, it's close enough for me to attend. Hmmm sick day..maybe

Old 03-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

I'll see if I can make it.... no promises. We have a Hummer Club event there this year and I have not gotten a chance to make it there to see it first... so... you know...

Old 03-20-2008, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds like a perfect chance for a pre-run.

Quick Reply: Wheelin 101 April 5th near Tremont PA