PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wheel selection Sucks!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 09:58 AM
Default RE: Wheel selection Sucks!!

25mm offset is OK but very few wheels available for the H3 with that offset. That is the reason for complaint that not much is available for the H3. My stock wheels stick out to far and splash mud all over the side of the H3. I do not mind the look of wheels that stick out but do not like the mess they make. I have looked for different wheels but will stick with the stock ones. Some of us do not want or need wider or larger tiresbut would just like a different look.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:06 PM

Dont forget to look at wheel width. Offset doesnt mean anything if you don't know how wide it is.
http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

I went to a 17x9 with a -6mm offset and it sticks out about 2 inches. And it looks rad.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:00 AM

I find it funny how people on here are crying because a wheel sticking out a little bit may get a little mud on their hummers.

Seriously, it'sHUMMER, live with a little dirt. I don't think mine has ever been cleaned since the day I bought it... especially in the Michigan weather it doesn't help either.

And to those who say it doesn't' look like the wheels belong, you guys just haven't seen the right configuration.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:30 AM

ORIGINAL: ockie
I find it funny how people on here are crying because a wheel sticking out a little bit may get a little mud on their hummers.

Seriously, it's HUMMER, live with a little dirt. I don't think mine has ever been cleaned since the day I bought it... especially in the Michigan weather it doesn't help either.
It’s BS like this that really pisses me off. First of all the people aren’t “crying” about anything! They asked a legitimate question about wheels and just because you don’t agree they’re "crying" about it.
Secondly, just because it’s a Hummer does not mean it’s required to be muddy all the time. I for one don’t like the tires to stick way out from the fender because, it’s not just the mud and dirt, the crap chips the hell out of the paint! The fact is, they just don’t make an aftermarket wheel with the exact specs of the OEM wheel.
I live in NY and the weather here is just as bad as in Michigan but I keep my Alpha looking like new just the same. If you haven’t cleaned your Hummer since you bought it, it’s probably because you’re just lazy!

Old 04-28-2008, 09:45 AM

My Hummer gets muddy enough without wheels that stick out from under the fenders.
If you like riding around in a dirty H3 go for it. I prefer mine to be clean when not off-roading.
Larger wheels and different offsets can and do cause mechanical problems. Which is OK
If you are willing to spend the money for the look. If I wanted to look “Bad Azzz” I would have bought
a Humvee not a H3.

Old 04-28-2008, 09:47 AM

Thank you alphadog. Well said.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:06 AM

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

Seriously, it's HUMMER, live with a little dirt. I don't think mine has ever been cleaned since the day I bought it... especially in the Michigan weather it doesn't help either.
It’s BS like this that really pisses me off. First of all the people aren’t “crying” about anything! They asked a legitimate question about wheels and just because you don’t agree they’re "crying" about it.
Secondly, just because it’s a Hummer does not mean it’s required to be muddy all the time. I for one don’t like the tires to stick way out from the fender because, it’s not just the mud and dirt, the crap chips the hell out of the paint! The fact is, they just don’t make an aftermarket wheel with the exact specs of the OEM wheel.
I live in NY and the weather here is just as bad as in Michigan but I keep my Alpha looking like new just the same. If you haven’t cleaned your Hummer since you bought it, it’s probably because you’re just lazy!

AGREED!

...and in some states it is illegal to have your tires sticking out past the fender flares. I'm not sure of how far, but I know it can get you pulled over.

Old 04-28-2008, 11:10 AM
CWS

ORIGINAL: kc4ww

Thank you alphadog. Well said.
+2 on that.

Cliff

Old 04-28-2008, 11:40 AM

How about some pics of your wheel painting?

Old 04-28-2008, 01:25 PM

ORIGINAL: alphadogg

lol

Quick Reply: Wheel selection Sucks!!