PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Wheel Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Default Wheel Questions

Alright gang, hoping for some advice from some folks..........

I got a 2007 H2 SUT with factory suspension. I want to put a set of 20" X 11" Scorpion SC1 wheels on it. I think it would look awesome to have them stick out from under the fenders a little bit. The only problem is that I don't know anyone who has this and if it is feasible and if there are any issues with turning or anything. I also would like to put the Nitto Terra Grapplers on it in a 35X12.50 but I really can't pick it up any or it won't fit in the garage.

Any advice for an idiot ......... Thanks

Old 01-06-2011, 03:05 AM
Talking

Originally Posted by Landsknecht
Alright gang, hoping for some advice from some folks..........

I got a 2007 H2 SUT with factory suspension. I want to put a set of 20" X 11" Scorpion SC1 wheels on it. I think it would look awesome to have them stick out from under the fenders a little bit. The only problem is that I don't know anyone who has this and if it is feasible and if there are any issues with turning or anything. I also would like to put the Nitto Terra Grapplers on it in a 35X12.50 but I really can't pick it up any or it won't fit in the garage.

Any advice for an idiot ......... Thanks
That's funny. I have a set of 24's with MASSIVE Scorpions.. They get REAL tacky when it's warm... With skill and a Rancho Steering Stabilizer, I out cornered a BMW 325I on a 50mph long sweeping exit from one hwy to another here in TX. NOW, I will say that I am not 100% sure on the 11's... I think mine are still bigger and only when I turn all the way do I get a rub on my bar in the front. It's bad to turn a wheel hard over and I NEVER steer @ a complete stop especially with oversized tires and EXTREMELY heavy wheels.
If you feel you have a problem, order the smallest set of spacers you can find. An inch should do. I've been debating on it myself. Even MORE stability with minimum stress on the axle. Hope that helps.
Good luck & take pix!!!!