PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

whats the skinny

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 07:01 AM
Default whats the skinny

I just bought my h3 last night. I have always wanted one. I researched all the car and driver, buyers guide etc and was not alarmed about anything really. Now I find this group a day late and many dollars shorter. Do any of you not have problems with your h3s. Do you like them? Did I screw up? This is my 14th car and I turned down the extended warranty because in the past I have purchased it and not really needed it. Did I screw up again?

Old 01-11-2008, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: whats the skinny

Hey Doc. Welcome!

I got a lemon, plain and simple, mostly because it seems some schmuck at the factory decided not to fill any of my fluids properly which has caused alot of problems.

MOST people have no issues with their H3's. There are only a few like me that have problems. Mine are 90% all drivetrain issues, but NO engine problems. I have 48k miles and my engine runs as smooth as the day I bought it.

As much as I say sometimes I would get rid of it, I can't anymore imagine myself without one. Don't let ourbad experiences ruin yours. They are great vehicles and you hear more people on this forum complain because we ask for questions to our problems. All of the people with no issues aren't goign to randomly post saying they have none

Did you buy it used or new? I would always buy an extended warranty on a car, but that's from experience.

My H3 is my 12th vehicle, so I can relate.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:24 AM

2007 H3 preowned 8k original miles program car. Luxury package with some chrome accents, monsoon sound system, lthr on lthr etc. retail according to edmunds is just above 30k paid 20900.00 with trade. Thought I got a deal?

Old 01-11-2008, 08:32 AM

Hi Doc! Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your H3.
We have an '08 H3 with absolutely no problems. In fact, unlike any other car/SUV I have ever owned, the H3 seems to grow on me more and more. It has a very strong personality and we love it more and morethe longer we have it.
Any car/truck will have some issues; even our '06Toyota minivan has a few. The passion you'll feel for your H3 will far outweigh any problems- trust me!

Old 01-11-2008, 08:46 AM

Welcome! I think you got a sweet deal. You'll see a couple of threads here where owners talk about the issues that they've had - and for the most part, people haven't had any. For me, I've had a few but the joy of this H3 far outweighs the issues. Even HummerGuy, king of H3 issues, is remaining an H3 owner.

Again, welcome. You're going to love the H3.
[/align]

Old 01-11-2008, 09:11 AM

wfhewww

I feel better. Its ironic that the first threads I see are those that are having serious problems. I bought this hummer w/o ever driving it. I was absolutely impressed during my two hour drive home. Although I caught myself going much faster than I felt I was going. Gonna have to watch the speedo.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

I've had my 3 for almost a year, never had any issue yet? To my suprise, it is a fun vehicle to drive, for a brick that is.

Old 01-11-2008, 10:56 AM

doctn, congrats on the purchase! you'll only love it more as time goes on. also search for some of the accident threads. if nothing else, please know that the hummer brandis the safest vehicle you will ever drive. no question, it saved my life. as such, im on my 2nd h3 in less than a year. oh yeah, and i hear they're pretty good off-road too [8D]

Old 01-11-2008, 12:06 PM

Welcome to the fprums, congrats on your new ride. What color did you get? I've owned 2 H3s now and the only problem I ever had was some water leakage from the sunroof. I wouldn't trade mine in for anything. I'm hook on Hummers and will always own atleast 1 until the day I die.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Super Moderator

Obviously I like Hummers. Our H3 Alpha has been a dream vehicle. Can't get my wife out of it. If I am going to get to drive an H3 again I may have to go buy another one. Congrats on the Hummer. The more you drive it the more you are going to love it. The other guys said it well also; its just like the news...nobody reports all the non events or good news, all you hear about are the problems. There are thousands of members on the site and you see a few threads here and there on issues. Don't forget either that some of us put these vehicles through more than any sane person would ever do to another vehicle. Relax...ya done good!

Quick Reply: whats the skinny