PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What's the most you have ever spent on Gas at one time?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Default What's the most you have ever spent on Gas at one time?

Mine came yesterday at 1.174/L. The total came out to be $126.00!!![:@]

p.s. My figures are in Canadian Dollars.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: What's the most you have ever spent on Gas at one time?

I spent $90.09 (USD)the other day at a Sunoco on the PA Turnpike....

Old 05-19-2007, 08:16 PM

Dang! i thought it was bad when I had to put a $100 bucks in my diesel. I am spending about $70-$73.00 to fill up from empty.

Old 05-20-2007, 02:30 AM

who cares? really, what are you going to do about it? you have two options, pay to fill up a hummer, or pay to fill up another type of vehicle. there's not a damn thing we, as consumers, can do. free enterprise and captialism are the reasons behind the prices. would you give up the freedoms you enjoy to have cheaper gas?

i paid this much for gas while i was stationed in great britain 25 years ago, imagine what they're paying now. i'm just sick of hearing the whining about gas prices. if you don't like it, ride a fuc%ing bike . . . . . .

this isn't personal aginat whoever posted this, i just felt the need to rant . . . . . .[sm=rant.gif]

Old 05-20-2007, 02:50 AM

True in some aspects Shorty, But I'd rather have the EXTRA $$$ I spend on gas for other things.
At least in TRUE CAPITALISM, you have a CHOICE. If you don't want to spend "X" for WHATEVER, you have the ability to find it elsewhere and possibly for a better price. Not so with the OIL COMPANIES!!(Collusion??)
The thing that pisses me off is that the oil companies are making BILLIONS/year in PROFIT. I mean AFTER they pay their execs the HUGE salaries. After paying the HUGE salaries to the oil workers etc. They still manage to PROFIT in theBILLIONS!!!!
Just SUK to get SCREWEDand know there is JACK **** you can do about it!![:@]

Old 05-20-2007, 08:27 AM

well i dont let my tank go all the way to E i always put $75 or $80

Old 05-20-2007, 12:47 PM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

True in some aspects Shorty, But I'd rather have the EXTRA $$$ I spend on gas for other things.
At least in TRUE CAPITALISM, you have a CHOICE. If you don't want to spend "X" for WHATEVER, you have the ability to find it elsewhere and possibly for a better price. Not so with the OIL COMPANIES!!(Collusion??)
The thing that pisses me off is that the oil companies are making BILLIONS/year in PROFIT. I mean AFTER they pay their execs the HUGE salaries. After paying the HUGE salaries to the oil workers etc. They still manage to PROFIT in theBILLIONS!!!!
Just SUK to get SCREWEDand know there is JACK **** you can do about it!![:@]
i'm certainly not against extra $$ in my pocket, but the boycotts and whining do nothing. i certainly don't have a solution, which is the main reason i don't complain. i need to drive, and to do that i need gas. i'm at the mercy of the marketplace, as is everyone else. if we drove less, gas would just go up so big oil could make the same profits. i'm too old, fat and lazy to start riding a bike. . . . . .[:@]

i did fillup for under $10 the other day though, with less than a gallon in the tank. gotta love the small sportster tanks . . . . . .

Old 05-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Everytime I lay down 5 -$20's and say "pump # 4", the casher always looks outside to see what I'm driving, an H2, of course, hahahaha!

Old 05-20-2007, 02:14 PM

I don't know what you guys are worried about over here in the UK we are paying £0.96/L that works out about $1.80/L so for us to fill up costs over £100 or $200 each time

Old 05-20-2007, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

My neighborhood gas station just put in new pumps because he had the old style pumps and they don't go higher than 3.999.... he said gas will be over $4 there in 2-3 weeks....

Quick Reply: What's the most you have ever spent on Gas at one time?