PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What are we going for a new title THE SLOWEST FORUM

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 08:52 PM
Default What are we going for a new title THE SLOWEST FORUM

Ok 3 post 1 hour
ALMOST A YEAR AGO WE WHERE VOTE THE #2 FORUM
I HATE TO SEE WHAT IT IS NOW.
WE ARE JUST GOING TO LOSE MEMBERS
TAKE THE SEVERS AWAY FROM THE DODGE FORUMS BECAUSE WE KNOW DODGE IS CRAP AND HUMMER ARE#1

Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Default RE: What are we going for a new title THE SLOWEST FORUM

It is very frustrating[:@][:@][:@]

Old 05-30-2007, 09:57 PM

Time is off too..It is now as I post this 10:02 CST

Old 05-31-2007, 05:22 PM

Not only is it ssslllllllooooowwwwww, but I'm having trouble posting too. [&:] I'm getting a "thread is closed" message.

Old 05-31-2007, 10:40 PM
Administrator

mark, this forum is on a different server than DF...it has nothing to do with the other forums. the problem has something to do with a database error when the site was moved to a new server. if i could just snap my fingers and fix it, i would...but its obviously out of my control. everytime there is a thread complaining about it, i forward it to the server people, so that there is proof of the problem, and thus far they havent fixed the "Database error" yet.

also, the clock isnt wrong. the servers that we were using were based in new york, and now they are based in commiefornia...hence the change in time. you can adjust it in your profile, towards the bottom.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

Are you guys sure it's not your computers and connections? I use it at work and home and never have any speed issues. Sometimes I have issues where it hangs up when I try to post but that hasn't happened in weeks. The site always loads up lightening fast no matter what computer I use. MAYBE it's just slower at night when everybody gets home from work and I just don't see it because I never am on at night. During the day I never have issues though.

Old 06-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Administrator

it has seemed slower at times for me, but today it seems pretty quick...

when you guys (and girl) post about problems like site speed, please try to include:

your ISP/type (comcast/wired broadband)
your browser (internet explorer)

i have to call the server people at 11am, as they said that "they need to talk to me".

Old 06-01-2007, 12:16 PM

You are just lucky Mikey..[sm=shutup.gif]...J/K

It has been slow and eratic for a long time now..Have to click a forum link maybe three times for it to load...a lot of timesI have to close the site out and start all over again...two out of three posts has to be redone as it won't take..I have SBC DSL at home..and it never hangs up on other sites like this one, night or day, home or at work...My work has the biggest, bestISP in the world (Federal Gov)

Old 06-01-2007, 01:29 PM
Administrator

well, my phone call wasnt as helpful as i had hoped, but basically, they dont know whats wrong. the new server is much better than the old one, but there is some issue with a database not being moved or something...

Old 06-01-2007, 05:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Patrick

well, my phone call wasnt as helpful as i had hoped, but basically, they dont know whats wrong. the new server is much better than the old one, but there is some issue with a database not being moved or something...
Thanks Patrick for trying to get it figured out!

Quick Reply: What are we going for a new title THE SLOWEST FORUM