PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What problems have you had with your H3???

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Talking What problems have you had with your H3???

So far we have had the folowing replaced: roof rack lights (had cracked screws and rattled at speed), horn, gas tank, fuel intake lines, fuel overflow canister, sunroof, airbag sensors (high speed impact, low speed impact, and wiring harness in dash), temperature control module for A/C, battery, engine misfire updates (quite a few in 2009), in the process of getting the fan blower control module fixed and getting 5 new chrome wheels due to the chrome pitting. We are also waiting for the new navigation DVD to come out since we found a bad spot in Miami...the truck tweeked out on us and the Nav froze up for a while. It might be worth $350 for a new DVD in a year or so! = )

So what have some of ya'lls issues been.

The GM mechanic said I would probably want to get a new truck after all this and I said "Why? By the time you guys finish with her I'll have a brand new one!"

Old 01-31-2010, 06:02 PM

wow..... only cosmetic stuff for me, less a battery.

all the plastic roof trim replaced (bowing up and rattling), new a/c controls (the back lit lights went out), new a/c vent (i broke one loading gear -dont ask), new monsoon head unit (buttons wearing out), and my battery went out at 45k miles. All of the above has been replaced under warranty.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:08 PM

Sounds like you got a lemon. My problems have been a defective antenna cable (that 2 dealers have not been able to diagnose), and a brake problem (that 2 dealers have not been able to diagnose). The brake problem is very troubling, indeed. On the first stop after an 8 hour rest or so, the pedal goes very low, then suddenly kicks back and the truck brakes very hard.

I'm considering getting both of these problem fixed by my local mechanic, then submitting the invoice to GM for reimbursement. Will that work?

Old 01-31-2010, 06:50 PM

Sounds like your h3 and all its parts were produced on a friday. Im sorry to hear so much went wrong with your truck, hope things get better for you.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:08 PM

My sunroof leaked, bad fuel injector, airbag light (haven't taken it in yet, don't know the cause).

Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Tonyg41
Sounds like your h3 and all its parts were produced on a friday. Im sorry to hear so much went wrong with your truck, hope things get better for you.
Sad...That is what the mechanic at GM said too!!! We get the truck back tomorrow, so we'll see how long we get to keep her before something else goes wrong....

It'll be nice to be back in a vehicle that I can see over other cars! The pontiac G6 they put us in is kind of a bore....

Old 02-04-2010, 05:47 PM

I had the traction control computer go, the passenger side rear door handle broke off, and now it's in the shop for a low idle that when you stop it feels like it wants to stall, but it's still under the factory warranty. Sorry to hear about your problems!!

Old 02-04-2010, 07:56 PM

Had the dimmer light switch replaced, then the rear rotors replaced.

I love this vehicle. I hope it does not start to fall apart, there's nothing out there at this point in time I'd want to replace it with.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:50 PM

Minor stuff, vibration/rattle in center dash, bluetooth won't hold programming (bulletin on that), Onstar antenna cable replaced.

Compared to my Rubicon, within a year I had three trips to the dealer for diagnostics on check engine light, various 02 sensors and a forth trip for the PCM. Also had water leaks in the Freedom top that included so many visits I lost count.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:53 PM

Sun roof leaked. Had it fixed before I took delivery, adjustment needed. I have broken the latch on my glove box twice. Both my fault. Took it to the dealer first time it was fixed under warranty. Second time I ordered online and fixed it myself. Dealer is 2 hrs. away so it was cheaper to do it myself. Replaced switch on tailgate. Again cheaper to do it myself. Mine is an 08 with 21K. Love it.

Quick Reply: What problems have you had with your H3???