PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What my wife and I are trying to get into

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:23 PM
Default RE: What my wife and I are trying to get into

Damned Anti tobacco people, seriously. That is a repercussion they didn't think about when they started all that tobacco protesting

Old 04-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

They are too short sighted, but probably wouldn't care anyway.

Old 04-06-2008, 11:15 PM

I Smoke!!![8D]

Old 04-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Super Moderator

I don't but I have seen many small towns with one big employer get creamed when jobs get relocated/companies get bought or downsized. There isn't much people can do in the case.

Old 04-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Hummergirl4

the market here is non existant right now, but it will pick up eventually... it always does. With Beechnut moving out, it's going to be really tough for awhile... this is a small village and Beechnut has been here since forever and employes most of the people here and it's really going to hurt this place when they are out of here
Should have waited to buy the new house.....

Old 04-07-2008, 05:47 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

Damned Anti tobacco people, seriously. That is a repercussion they didn't think about when they started all that tobacco protesting
The Beechnut plant is for Beech Nut Baby Food..And it is the original Beech Nut Plant. Life Savers also started in Canajoharie, the original Life Savers plant is still here, except now it is Richardson's Candy. Up until just a few years ago, rolls of Lifesavers said "made in Canajoharie, NY"

Old 04-07-2008, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

ORIGINAL: Hummergirl4

the market here is non existant right now, but it will pick up eventually... it always does. With Beechnut moving out, it's going to be really tough for awhile... this is a small village and Beechnut has been here since forever and employes most of the people here and it's really going to hurt this place when they are out of here
Should have waited to buy the new house.....
Well, I got lucky on the house, and I paid cash for it so there is no mortgage and my job is secure so that is a big plus since I don't have to worry about losing it, but most of the folks in the village are definitly going to have that worry, and with the factory moving out, you can pretty much bet the taxes are going to skyrocket to cover what the village will be loosing from the factory

Old 04-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Love the logic, fewer people but can't cut revenue or spending so we will just take more from the few left. Don't you just love how we get taxed?

Old 04-07-2008, 09:26 PM

Oh yes... I just love it..Sad thing is, there is alot of agriculture here, tons of dairy farms, and alot of them will loose their life's work because of it, they are struggling now as it is

Old 04-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

Big government at its best.

Quick Reply: What my wife and I are trying to get into