PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What my wife and I are trying to get into

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 05:36 AM
Default RE: What my wife and I are trying to get into

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75

If you get it... I would think it would be wise to invest the money to rewire it from the start.... and while you are in the walls.... replumb it....
Definitly good advise. I had my house completely re-wired and I'm glad I did! The wire was very very old, and kinda scary lookin!!!

Old 04-06-2008, 10:07 AM

That's one of things that I told my wife that was making me a little wary of it. There are a lot of things that need to be done JUST to live in it before you even start to worry about the cosmetic stuff. And with the housing market going the way that it is I'm not sure I want to go moving right now. But then again, I don't want to miss the house by waiting too long. I'm so confused.

I don't do well spending big $$ like that. I bought the Hummers and got sick, bought the Harley and had to come home and lay down because I got a splitting headache and was sick to my stomach. Once I have the stuff I'm fine, it's just the process of signing away all of that money. Just have to convince myself that it is worth it.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:09 AM
Super Moderator

Purchasing an older house is usually just the start of the big money.

Old 04-06-2008, 10:15 AM

I know, everytime that I think about it I keep remembering that Tom Hanks movie. Money Pit

Old 04-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

At least you are going in with your eyes open.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:10 PM

ORIGINAL: rhill20

I don't do well spending big $$ like that. I bought the Hummers and got sick, bought the Harley and had to come home and lay down because I got a splitting headache and was sick to my stomach. Once I have the stuff I'm fine, it's just the process of signing away all of that money. Just have to convince myself that it is worth it.
You mean there is someone else in the world like me?!?!? [&:]

It's a beautiful house, I'd love have something like that and fix it up. I would become obsessed though and have no time for anything else.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:13 PM

Kind of like we here with our Hummers?I'm the same way with the obsession part. Weather is finally clearing up, days are longer. May be hard to find as much time to be on here in the summer months. At least through the day. (don't get excited BB, I'm not going anywhere)

Old 04-06-2008, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

I think you will see posting activity for everyone start dropping off soon, well except for Hummbob since he only comes out at night anyway.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:55 PM

In my opinion the wiring is the first and most important thing to do. Especially if you are going to put modern appliances in the home. Old wire can't handle the load of newer appliances, and more of them, and mice have a nasty habit of chewing wires in places where you can't see any damage, fixtures are old.... it's best just to start with new.

Old 04-06-2008, 01:57 PM

I helped my electrician do the work and I did all the running and buying of supplies. That saved a lot of money right there.

Quick Reply: What my wife and I are trying to get into