PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What my wife and I are trying to get into

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: What my wife and I are trying to get into

Yeah Rich... applying logic to a woman that wants a house is just about impossible.... we paid 510 for a house that she had to have... but yet... the house she likes better around the corner just sold for 440....

Old 04-27-2008, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

See Muddy has it figured out.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Super Moderator

and that house was done... and I spend my every waking moment redoing this one.... like the utility room I am going to be painting for the next 2 days so the new washer and dryer can come wednesday.... which I have electrical work to do... and yet she keeps using the old dryer everyday so I can change the ****ing wires from the old 3 prong to the new 4 prong...

then I have to lay half of the floor.... but I still have a wall open becuse I have to seal the old dryer vent... and finish running the 10-3 for the dryer...

[&o]

Old 04-27-2008, 10:16 AM

Oh I know, we bought this house (built in 2000) and it was move in condition. Nothing was wrong with it. Since then, we have redone the kitchen, the stairs, the bathroom floors, the mantle extended to the ceiling, all of the landscaping. And we aren't finished.

Old 04-27-2008, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Yeah... and you spent a lot on that one... especially for Ohio.... I only went along with this house versus paying cash for a house off the islandafter we sold the last one because of the shore property thing... for the money we spent here I could be living in one of those sweet McMansions you see everywhere... but I'm not... I'm in a modest 2 story 4 bedroom 3 bath 2500sq ft house...

My goal is to live here until the kids graduate... sell this bitch and build a new house on my farm in Illinois... My house burned down in 1996 while I was in UAE... and nothing was rebuilt.... I will return to my farm someday... most likely in 12 years...

Old 04-27-2008, 11:10 AM

That was my original plan, stay here until the kids all graduate. She swears that if we get the other one that will be the last one.I was just relieved to find out that I should still be able to get what I have in it. IF it would sell

Honestly for our area, when I moved back here this was about the going price for a decent house that would fit all of us and our stuff in it. The same house as mine about 15 min down the road here was going for over $500,000 compared to our $250,000. THEY are eating **** right now.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Super Moderator

I hear ya... but seriously... houses around here going for over a million... less than 6 blocks from my house... would be 350,000 in Ohio, Illinois, etc...

Old 04-27-2008, 05:07 PM

I know, that **** kills me. Dirt is Dirt; I don't care if it's sitting near NYC or LA it's still Dirt. If you know what I'm getting at.

Like I've said, my wife is originally from CA. She said that she has had houses out there far less than what we own now and paid three times the price for them.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Super Moderator

If you watch HGTV, you'll see alot of this. It's rediculous. Some guy in CA flipped a house and sold it for almost $1 million. It was 3 bed, 2 baths and 1800 sq ft. I was in shock.

Old 04-27-2008, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

I apparently missed a page or two of posts....

So Stan, you will be my nieghbor. VERY NICE.

I'm trying to do all the landscaping and upgrades now so she won't want to move. She still thinks a 2400 sq ft house is too small for kids [:@] 3 bredrooms, a loft, 3 baths and a one day finished basement, HA, no way i'm moving, ever. I hate moving. It's a PITA and i'm happy with a bed and blanket with running water.

Women want it ALL, and they never stop. It's like an addiction. She compares my Hummer to this house and I said, my Hummer upgrades are 1% the price of what you want to do to this house, and then she wonders why we are always broke.

[>:]

Quick Reply: What my wife and I are trying to get into