PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What my wife and I are trying to get into

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Default RE: What my wife and I are trying to get into

and aren't we so proud???????

Old 04-10-2008, 06:34 PM

UPDATE:
First I called the County Auditor, then the Co Sherriff which referred me to an attorney that handled the case which in turn referred me to OPTION ONE MORTGAGE and WELLS FARGO, both in Irvine, CA. Apparently it is an REO house(Dave, help me out here buddy). I understand the concept of it. But nobody is really cooporating with us on the phone. Told my wife that she may have to wait until there is a sign in the yard. I'm going to call them tomorrow myself and see what I can find out. Which should be fun, a bank in CA talking to some dope in Ohio. I hope they don't beleive the stereotype of it like most out there do. This should be fun.

Any ideas???

Old 04-10-2008, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

it's in foreclosure.... that is what that means... Money talks and it will be yours...

Do you have your VA certificate? That will get you in that quicker than Bob can sell a XXX Video to Joe's Penguin.... $417,000 now...

Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Muddydawg75
$417,000 now...
Is that part of the joke at the end? Sorry, long day and I'm a little slow right now.

Second, do I just wait for the sign to show up in the yard? Or is there a backdoor? VA certificate, no. Not yet, have always bought conventional. Wife and I talked about this earlier and I'm calling to apply for it tomorrow.

Old 04-10-2008, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator

REO = Real Estate Owned. That is something no bank or mortgage company ever wants to do...actually own what they lend on. If you can get me the legal info on the house ( legal description, address, any other info you might know ) I might can run something down out here.
I think Muddy was saying you can borrow up to 417K under the program. Usually to buy an REO they want a quick, no hassle sale and they discount fairly heavily if they think they need to. Since they haven't put it up for sale, that I know of, they may not be in huge hurry yet. Usually when it has been on the market awile is when they start getting nervous. They may also consign it to be auctioned. Give me all you have and I'll see what I can find out tomoroow for you.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:14 PM

You are looking at John and Emily Henney
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/p...t_lst?45038672
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/p...t_lst?45038672
http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa.urd/PAMW6500

The bank's website, Option One Mortgage. Somehow connected with Wells Fargo.
http://www.oomc.com/business_partner...ontact_REO.asp

1600 State Route 37, Delaware Ohio 43015

Apparently this guy had a house foreclosed on in 1999 also. How in the hell do you buy a house a few years after you were just foreclosed??!!

Old 04-10-2008, 08:16 PM

Sorry, don't mean to be so "short" with my posts on this. We got a big surge of excitment today when we got this much closer and it has made us kind of "edgy" or "matter of fact"

Old 04-10-2008, 08:58 PM

REO Speedwagon owns it????

Old 04-10-2008, 09:05 PM

Not so much[8D]

Old 04-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Used to Bob, they lost it in foreclosure. Rich usually after a couple of years mortgage companies will lend on a secured asset like a house but at higher rates. After a couple of years at the high rate you can refinance out of it. I will see what I can come up with tomorrow and let you know.

Quick Reply: What my wife and I are trying to get into