PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What is my 2008 H3 Worth in your mind?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 AM
Default What is my 2008 H3 Worth in your mind?

Just curious to get other Hummer owners opinions on what it's worth and what's a fair selling price. I have it on Ebay seen below with a few simple mods. Thanks guys.

Hummer H3 Base Sport Utility 4 Door | eBay

Old 06-03-2014, 09:12 PM
rsc

Its probably worth what your asking. Not my cup of tea with those mods, you might make more by buying some standard wheels/tires and selling the XD's separately.

Old 06-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rsc
Its probably worth what your asking. Not my cup of tea with those mods, you might make more by buying some standard wheels/tires and selling the XD's separately.
I agree. If it was on stock wheels and with fairly fresh quality tires you are asking the right price, if you are prepared for some negotiating.

INHO, the rims and those tires .... are going to make your sale more difficult.

Good luck!

Old 06-04-2014, 10:44 AM

I see this vehicle as a mix between 2 styles.

All the extra chrome trim pieces, side steps and the lighting upgrades, would appeal to the street queen crowd, but the aggressive tires/wheels, the rear locker and the manual trans. would appeal to the offroad crowd.

But hardly ever is that the same person.
Offroad guys don't want all the chrome extras and Street guys don't want a standard trans and most don't even know what a locker is.
I'm with the other guys and say if you replaced the wheels/tires you might have a better shot at your asking price but very few people want a manual trans. so that is working against you.

Last edited by Bunger; 06-04-2014 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:31 PM
rsc

After posting last night, I was thinking of adding that the truck was kind of bi-polar like Bunger just described.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:23 AM

I appreciate the input fellas. I didn't think or feel when I got the 35inch tires with black wheels it made the rig look bi polar. I mean it was the adventure package so came with the chrome accents. But I think chrome is neutral on the body of a car/truck if its not overdone and black wheels can still look good with it. See it all the time with Bimmers and other luxury cars. But I guess we're looking at it from the Rig standpoint and it's supposed to be all rugged and can't have a "little" bit of luxury accents which I really don't feel chrome does that but I think thats what Hummers intentions were. And with HID system how is that street queen? Its upgrading the lighting its not like it's rolling around with the gaudy blue color lights. Its a pretty close white. I don't know, but I do appreciate everyones opinions, I thought I kept the mods very subtle and clean to make it easier for resale, after all its just a full catback, wheels, and HIDs. But maybe Im getting some light on what true Hummer owners look for and that's more plain and rugged, not clean with a little edge to it. ?

Old 06-05-2014, 08:26 AM

I will say you guys know your stuff seems like it, since its on ebay for 3-4 days and no offers listed at only 17.3k. The manual to me was a big plus, mainly because the pickup with the 3.7 is sooooo slow. I wasn't looking for a racecar but I mean you can barely merge onto a busy highway without having issues in an auto. At least with the manual you can drop down temporarily to get in the position you need to be then coast. But I do see your guys point. I was just hoping there were a few more manual enthusiasts like me out there!

Old 06-05-2014, 09:16 AM
rsc

Don't get me wrong, I like the manual and adventure pack. I also agree that the mods are subtle or restained. On a non-adv/auto street truck that looks like a nice ride. I just prefer to go get lost in the woods or in the rocks and big rims, low exhaust tips and chrome doesn't mean much to me. Plus I prefer less options, always have.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by rsc
Don't get me wrong, I like the manual and adventure pack. I also agree that the mods are subtle or restained. On a non-adv/auto street truck that looks like a nice ride. I just prefer to go get lost in the woods or in the rocks and big rims, low exhaust tips and chrome doesn't mean much to me. Plus I prefer less options, always have.
Low Exhaust Pipes. Bwaahaaaaaa!
Mine have done it all, nary a scratch after 7 years. I always chuckle at that comment, so I took this pic after two days of rocks at Rausch Creek for just such an occaision.
Name:  DSCN0301.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  147.9 KB

Old 06-05-2014, 11:09 AM
Cool Ebay Strategy

I would also make it more of an auction. Folks on ebay like to bid and once the bidding gets moving they don't like to lose. Set the starting price low and add a "reserve" that you would be willing to accept. Don't forget to take into consideration any fees ebay/PayPal will take once the auction is complete.
I do alot of business on ebay and this seems to be the most successful route, especially on big ticket items.

Quick Reply: What is my 2008 H3 Worth in your mind?