PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What Have I Done?!? Dim Headlight...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Default RE: What Have I Done?!? Dim Headlight...

Well the reason I went with the stick it in the fuse trick is I have no idea where I can find a non-dimmed/non-turn signal parking light wire. The only one I can think of is the side marker light but I cant figure out how to get in there to tap into the wire. Where do the factory roof marker lights plug in at?

The last part I think you might have misunderstood. Or I dont get your response. I was curious in the fuse box, which side of a fuse would be the fused side. Ifsomething wasplugged into the wrong side, the power to the lights would short circuit past the fuse and never let it overdraw and blow a fuse. I remember on my Jeep, it was the right prong of the fuse. In fact theOEM Renegade light bar for the Liberty was installed this way if you bought it as an accessory. The power for the lighted switch was wrapped around the right prong of the fuse for the dimmed interior light fuse.

The markerbulbs of theselights dont come with any relays, just a wire that you are instructed to attach to a parking light 12v+ They are a completely separate circuit from the rest of the power/relays in the lamps. I guess they assume that they will not draw enough to cause a stock fuse to blow.

Old 01-03-2007, 01:07 AM
Default RE: What Have I Done?!? Dim Headlight...

I understood what you were saying. I just always believed in taking the power where it enters the fuse (before the fuse so it won't be protected by the fuse.) then taking the power line you now have that is not fused and running an inline fuse in it. In case of a dead short your circuit will still be protected by the inline fuse you have on your power lead but the trucks circuitry will remain untouched.

You know, I know they make the connectors that plug into the fuse and gives you a crimp for your power wire cause I have used them in the past but I'll be damned if I can find it now....figures! You can wrap the wire just be very careful not to have any strands of wire sticking outside of the fuse when pushed back in.