PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What is the H3 closest competition?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:05 PM
RMD
Default RE: What is the H3 closest competition?

ORIGINAL: Sewie

Not one mention of the Xterra? Either people here are so hung up on brand loyalty/rivalries or they just don't wheel with enough different types of rigs. I've wheeled the Rubicon and Moab with a near stock Xterra and was very impressed with it. Granted there was a very good driver behind the wheel but it still performed well. And it won 4-Wheeler of the Year from one of the mags not too long ago.

My list of competitors in order:

Rubicon Unlimited (two door is out of H3's league IMO)
FJC
Xterra
LR3

This is weighted more towards capability than on-road performance and interior features.

Xterra above the LR3? And where does the H3 fit in?

Old 02-28-2008, 09:34 PM

Are we STILL talking about this?

Old 02-29-2008, 12:43 AM

The H2 Maybe??

Old 02-29-2008, 02:33 AM

I haven't seen many of these things and I haven't read about it yet on the forum but the Dodge Nitro? I'm not trying to put it in any class with the H3. This Nitro thing, I saw it today at the grocery store and at first I thought it was a new Jeep (I can't keep track of all the new names) and when I parked next to it I realized it was a Dodge. What is that thing and can it even go offroad?

I love Jeeps, they are a great offroad vehicle. I love the old CJ's and not much can compare to them but I guess if I was to try and find a comparison to the H3, the H3 does share the chassis with the Trailblazer, right? Which I think Ford has the Exploder-I mean Explorer in that class. I'm probably not much help, when I went out car shopping the GF already decided that she wanted a Hummer so shopping was pretty easy.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:15 AM

I don't put the exterra in the h3's or the rubi's class....gear range just isn't low enough to be a competitor...unless they changed it? I doubt it. Plus tire size and ground clearance are terrible stock. IMO....For a truck to truelly be considered a solid off road performer from the factory it has to have at least 33" tires and real tires. THis is one area where the rubi outshines the h3...why hummer just can't offer real tires on the adventure package is beyond me.

Old 02-29-2008, 09:13 AM

The Gunny Ret, I too am a Gunny Retired so I like you already! I agree with you and this is all personal opinions and experiences we each have had. I am partial to the Hummer and that is why I read this board every day, that and to learn from the other fellows here. So The Gunny retired I like your opinion and tend to agree with it, Semper Fi, Mike USMC 1981-2002!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:33 AM

get a room

[8D]

Old 02-29-2008, 10:43 AM

Immpy,

You can be a nasty pain in the ***. Obviously you weren’t in the military and don’t have any idea of the camaraderie and brotherhood men form when serving together especially in combat. If you did you’d have a little more respect for the comment that Gunz just made to Gunny.

I know you’ll have some smart-alecky remark for me but as a twice wounded Vietnam veteran I don’t take kindly to your sense of humor when it comes to this subject.

Gar
US Army “River Rats”
Vietnam 1965-67

Old 02-29-2008, 11:05 AM

dude...did you see the laughing faces?!?! I WAS JOKING...everyone that knows anything about message board posting knows that....chill out.Seriously...calm down.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:17 AM

ya know something, I was gonna let this go...but you pissed me off...nasty pain in the ***??! REALLY!!! I was not in the military....medically couldn't get in...but my dad was an Army Ranger...ya know what?!??! HE ALSO HAD A FRIGGEN SENCE OF HUMOR!! Bieng in the military and even serving at time of war shouldn't make you an uptight old man. I said NOTHING wrong...NOTHING. I was not "NASTY" as you put it...if you think I was I feel sorry for you, it must be tough going through life with absolutely no sence of humor at all. BTW....I never called you a name...did I? I didn't think so.

Quick Reply: What is the H3 closest competition?