PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What is the H3 closest competition?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 01:45 PM
Default RE: What is the H3 closest competition?

It makes sense, the H3 is more of an SUV (I'm sorry, don't kill me, I LOVE my H3's and will probably have at least one in the garage from here on out). It is comfortable and seating it similar to all of the above. The HX (again, sorry, not trying to run on about that) could be the best thing that Hummer has come out with to compete off of the floor. I'm holding my vote on that one until all of the bugs get worked out, and with all of the electronic stuff, there are going to be ALOT of bugs.
Now, to have something that looks bad ***, comfortable and fun to drive around and if I just decide to turn right and go off road I can be confident that I can make out the other side, the H3 is perfect. Do some mods (which I think is half the fun) and you CAN make it on tough *** little 4x4 IMO. Let's face it, I think that Hummer and Jeep are the kings of off road right now, same parent company. Hummer just puts itself off as a LUXURY off road vehicle and Jeep is just straight off road. That's going to make a difference, especially without doing anything to it.

I'm not a Jeep or a Hummer homer. I like to think myself as an American Homer

Old 01-20-2008, 01:54 PM

exactly...that's what I meant by the h3 is the best balanced vehicle. Even though Jeep is getting close in interior luxery it's still not there yet. I would live to see hummer offer the retactable roof slider like the new Jeep liberty though..that would give it the open air wheeling feeling of a jeep.

Old 01-20-2008, 02:28 PM

well said, guys! the h3 is a hybrid for sure as a lux off-roader. to me, its almost in its own class, but i think alrock's list is pretty accurate. however, i wish the adv pkg was a little more adventurous (front locker, rubber flooring, tires, etc). i'd definitely buy one (hence why i bought an adv). id like to use the h3 as my primary means of trans and an old jeep as my toy. only problem is i dont know much about jeeps...

Old 01-20-2008, 03:15 PM

I also have to agree, but the Rubiconis more of a competitor tothe H2 with the price tag of the H3, like Rhill20 mentioneddoing the mods on our 3's is half the fun, the way I look at it is the H3 is ready right of the lot to hit the trails but with a few mod who needs trails, sure it's more money out of pocket, but you can customize the way you want or as far as the wallet permits except for the crappy aluminum diffwith no locker, but that somethingI'm working.

Old 01-20-2008, 08:36 PM

IMO it's the YoyTota FJ Crapper. When comparing you have to stay in a class and the H3 is a Mid Sized SUV like the FJ. The Wrangler is in a class by itself and can't be compared to anything but a real Jeep like a CJ and to a CJ it can't hold a candle.
So...What SUV's are in the H3 class? Well, just the FJ and a bunch of other grocery getters like the Grand Cherokee which can't compare to the H3. The H3 comes from the factory with 33" tires, a 4:1 transfer case and was made by design for off road use. I'd say nothing is in it's class but other H3's

Old 01-20-2008, 09:02 PM

Man, who posted that huge pic? ....must be a noob!

Old 01-20-2008, 09:07 PM

Again, I agree, you can't compare the H3 to the Rubi. They're both in a different class. The peeJ Commander, maybe.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Decked out the 3s are very impressive off road vehicles. Even here in Socal you see lots of Hummers, Jeeps, etc set up for serious off roading. Whether they ever get there doesn't matter these guys are all spending the dough. Even without the front and rear lockers the 3 is very capable. If GM would give it lockers and the rest of the mandatory gear they would have a world beater, best in class. Unfortunately GM is leaving a lot of potential on the table and all of us are having to try to figure it out and make the truck what it can be. Jeep has had a lot longer to develop the Rubi into the vehicle that it is than GM has with the H3 but I don't see anything that leads me to believe GM is going to be pushing the off road envelope.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:22 PM

I know for sure, my next vehicle is gonna be another H#. I will never buy a Yotota or Nassin or Hando.....

[8D]

Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 PM

Ok it's been snowing here since november and we have had some melting. but i have learned a VERY important lesson I have been climbing the snow piles up to the top and they are getting steeper and higher, some are 12feet+ high.
Tonight I high sided a pile about 7ft high in low lock track control off !!! so I called a neighbor and he pulled me off the pile with a KIA MINI VAN !!! yes i wasn't burried BUT Lessoned learned!!! Never forget a good friend and what they drive!!!
ps. I forgot to mention it's below zero out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: What is the H3 closest competition?