PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What to do when a part is "no longer available through GM?"

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:54 PM
Default What to do when a part is "no longer available through GM?"

Ok.. So my power steering fluid reservoir is broken.. Just tried to order it from ever place I could find..

GM Part #15132765..

What do I do?

Old 07-10-2012, 10:14 AM

First place that came up in a Google search says they have it: N1 STEERING PUMP ASM; N1 STEERING PUMP ASM (LLR/3.7E);. Fits: H3 , H3 SUV, H3T | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

Looks like it is incorrectly described as a brake reservoir but pic and number look like PS reservoir. Give 'em a call.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM

Have you called any of the parts houses? The part numbers are notorious for changing and not leaving much of a trace as to what they changed to unless you know where to go.

Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Xlr8n
First place that came up in a Google search says they have it: N1 STEERING PUMP ASM; N1 STEERING PUMP ASM (LLR/3.7E);. Fits: H3 , H3 SUV, H3T | Nalley Buick GMC Brunswick

Looks like it is incorrectly described as a brake reservoir but pic and number look like PS reservoir. Give 'em a call.
These were the first guys I placed an order with. Part was out of stock but they were still willing to charge me $26.50 to ship me an O-ring.. At least they were nice enough to cancel the entire order.

Originally Posted by Pauldy
Have you called any of the parts houses? The part numbers are notorious for changing and not leaving much of a trace as to what they changed to unless you know where to go.
Yeh, I've tried several. "Discontinued" is what I keep getting told. I just placed and order with NewGMParts.com. We'll see..

Old 07-11-2012, 08:18 AM

youll have to try the online junkyards, such as Schram up in Illinois or Michigan i think. theres got to be a junker laying around somewhere.....
or maybe the colorado canyon shares a similar one.....

Old 07-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Old 07-11-2012, 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Yeh, but they show it as being "stored in a remote warehouse."

From the conversations I've had today, all of the large parts houses pull from the same inventory. Very few of the actually stock the part at their facility.

I've ordered from 3 other sites and all of them give me some version of the following:

"Dear Jeff, Unfortunately the part(s) you are searching for have been discontinued by the Manufacturer. We have exhausted our extensive network of parts locators and vintage parts suppliers, but we were unable to fulfill your request at this time. We appreciate your contacting "NewGmParts.com" and we look forward to servicing your original GM parts and accessory needs in the future. Thank you. XXXXX"

Old 07-12-2012, 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Tram
From the conversations I've had today, all of the large parts houses pull from the same inventory. Very few of the actually stock the part at their facility.

I've ordered from 3 other sites and all of them give me some version of the following
Jeff-
Sorry the link I sent you failed too.
Wreaking yards in your area may be your only resource now
Good Luck

Old 07-12-2012, 08:33 AM

the alternative is just buying a whole new assembly.... or going with the off-road light to replace the markers.....

Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by wfturner
Jeff-
Sorry the link I sent you failed too.
Wreaking yards in your area may be your only resource now
Good Luck
No worries.

Originally Posted by kauaineb
or going with the off-road light to replace the markers.....
Huh?