PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 07:13 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?

I didn't get one damn freakin' thing. You guys disgust me [:'(] (ok, so it's jeolousy)

Old 06-07-2007, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

I didn't get one damn freakin' thing. You guys disgust me [:'(] (ok, so it's jeolousy)
I'll buy you a can of Soda if it makes you feel better![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 06-07-2007, 03:12 PM

ORIGINAL: ultimatesecurity

Mee too, but the salesguy told me to go and grab the coke in the waiting area only to find a pop/soda machine (I say POP some of you may say SODA ). I thought that was cool. Normally you see cans of pop if your lucky.
pop...nice, finally someone else from Minnesota hehe

Old 06-07-2007, 03:33 PM

[:'(]NOT A DAMN THING! [:@]

Old 06-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

POP my *** It's called "A Carbonated Beverage"

Here are some examples:

A) Can someone please go grab us some carbonated beverages with cola flavoring?

B)Biotch, best back up before I smack you with this can of carbonated beverage

C) I can crush the emtpy carbonated beverage can on my forehead. Wanna See?

There are just a few examples.

What?

Old 06-07-2007, 05:54 PM

LOL here in Texas it's called Dr. Pepper....
[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 06-08-2007, 03:13 AM

ORIGINAL: jman_in_minnesota

ORIGINAL: ultimatesecurity

Mee too, but the salesguy told me to go and grab the coke in the waiting area only to find a pop/soda machine (I say POP some of you may say SODA ). I thought that was cool. Normally you see cans of pop if your lucky.
pop...nice, finally someone else from Minnesota hehe
We call it POP here as well. Maybe cause we're TOO CLOSE to Minnesota!!

Old 06-08-2007, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: hummernewby

[sm=happybounce.gif]
OK, I just HAD to look this up. Here is the story:

Dublin Dr Pepper History
In 1885 Waco, Texas was a wild frontier town, nicknamed “six-shooter junction.” Wade Morrison’s Old Corner Drug Store was a prominent business and popular meeting place in downtown Waco. People came in for everything from flea powder to stationery, from cigars to fountain drinks.
One of Morrison’s employees, pharmacist Charles Alderton, noticed how customers loved the smell of the soda fountain with its many fruit, spice and berry aromas. He wanted to invent a drink that tasted the wonderful way the soda fountain smelled. After much experimentation he finally felt he had hit on “something different.” Patrons at the drug store agreed.
Soon other soda fountains were buying the syrup from Morrison and serving it. People loved the new unnamed drink and would order it by simply calling out “shoot me a Waco!” But Morrison named it Dr Pepper, after the father of a girl he had loved back in his home state of Virginia.
In 1891 Morrison and new partner Robert Lazenby organized the Artesian Manufacturing and Bottling Company in order to bottle and sell Dr Pepper as well as other soft drinks. That same year, while visiting Waco, a Texas businessman by the name of Sam Houston Prim tasted the new fountain drink and knew he wanted to sell it in his bottling plant in Dublin, Texas, 80 miles to the west.
Under the direction of Mr. Lazenby Dr Pepper enjoyed steady growth in sales and began to spread in popularity across the country. But it wasn’t until 1904 that Dr Pepper gained real national exposure. Along with other soon to be favorites like ice cream cones and hamburgers, Dr Pepper was introduced to the rest of the U. S. and the entire world at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis.
Since then Dr Pepper’s popularity has grown consistently over the years to become one of the top 3 soft drinks in the United States and the No. 1 non-cola. And over that time Dr Pepper Corporate Headquarters have remained here in Texas. That’s why Dr Pepper can truly claim the title of “Texas Original.”
The Story of “Mr. Dr Pepper”*
Bill Kloster never studied marketing. The words goals, objectives, strategies and tactics weren't part of his vocabulary.
He didn’t promote his product from a textbook; he promoted it from his heart — a concept that would have left marketing gurus cringing. Except that it worked.
Bill Kloster operated on instinct that was so on target that his tiny three-county Dublin Dr Pepper franchise is continuously among the top 10 producers in per capita consumption.
Bill knew his business. He started at the bottling plant when he was 14 years old — a job necessitated by the death of his father and his need to help support his mother and four siblings. For the next 67 years, including the day he died, he put in long, hands-on hours, focusing on quality control, community involvement and his own unique style of sometimes blustery, sometimes covert public relations.
Bill started as a bottle sorter for 10 cents an hour. He got his first painful lesson in economics when he dropped a pallet of glass bottles. After the damages were deducted from his paycheck, he took home mere pennies — his first paycheck. Before long, plant owner Sam Houston Prim took the young man under his wing, becoming a surrogate father as he watched Bill grow into manhood and into a self-styled promoter of Dublin Dr Pepper.
From the bottle sorting chores, Bill worked his way up to production manager. After a tour of duty in Europe during World War II, he returned to become general manager of the plant which was then operated by Prim’s daughter, Grace Prim Lyon.
Mrs. Lyon died in 1991 on the dawn of the plant’s 100th birthday celebration, leaving the Dublin plant in Bill’s capable

Old 06-11-2007, 12:05 AM

When I bought my H2 a month ago...got a keyring and 2 coffee travel mugs, when I bought my H3 this weekend, the salesman says "go pick out a couple of any thing we have in stock, and if we dont have something you want, have it ordered and take something else for now" Ended up with some shirts and ordered hats....geesh! what a difference!

Old 06-11-2007, 12:40 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

ORIGINAL: hummernewby

[sm=happybounce.gif]
OK, I just HAD to look this up. Here is the story:

Dublin Dr Pepper History
In 1885 Waco, Texas was a wild frontier town, nicknamed “six-shooter junction.” Wade Morrison’s Old Corner Drug Store was a prominent business and popular meeting place in downtown Waco. Etc Etc Etc.....
Dude, Dr Pepper is not just a carbonated beverage....It is a relegion...............

I regularly have Dublin Dr Pepper drop-shipped to my home.

It is best served out of the bottle at 34-36 degrees or over ice made from distilled/filtered water....

Quick Reply: What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?