PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Default RE: What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?

Free tinting, new rubber hummer mats front/back and FREE CAR WASH whenever I want.
Sewell Saab/Hummer of Plano, TX.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:37 PM

ORIGINAL: Hummer Guy
Sounds to me like they're paying you for a good survey...seems like everything about your experience was great, why would they have to do that? I think there's something to be said about those that have the integrity to not exchange goods for perfect surveys...ok, I'm off my soapbox now..
Exactly .. they told me if they get a certain amount of excellent surveys they ( dealer ) gets a $60k bonus which is split up among the staff.

They begged me to bring my survey in to them. Especially after it took them 4 hours to get the paperwork done on their end. Their finance guys toilet overflowed at home so he had to leave lol .. they had the finance guy from their saturn delarship next door come over to do the paperwork. That was a mess. I bought in Tennessee but live in Ky which means I come back home and pay my taxes on it right?. He tried to tell me standard policy was to add my Ky taxes to the financed amount. I said what in theee hell are you talkin about? .. Wanted me to pay intrest on my taxes? I said whats the use of a 30 day tag? .. is it not to allow time to pay tax and register the vehicle? He was pretty rude .. jackass is more like it. We went round and round. Finally the normal hummer finance guy came back from roto-rootin the homestead and we got the paperwork right. They spent the rest of the time I was there saying .. now you just bring that survey back in here. We'll fill your tank .. give you shirts .. take you to lunch .. wash your car .. different wheels.. anything you want!

I bought atgms pricingso all they gave me extra really was front and rear chrome plasticadvertising plate frames .. and a full tank of gas... for now.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 PM

If overall you were happy with the dealership -- i'd do this -- go get your free stuff and let them see you fill out the 'completely satisfied' on question #14 (the ONLY one GM looks at for said program - don't let them tell you differently)..then put your actuall ratings on everything else, including the comment section which GM and many others read, and does not affect their $$...but the process of buying surveys is still a shady dealer practice IMHO.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:52 PM

Well, we didn't get anything extra. Wegot the supplier price and I negotiated my trade in up from $7500 to $9500 so when I asked for Roof Lights they wanted to hit me. However, I picked up a nail off roading in my2nd week,(on the sidewall, unrepairable)and they let me buy the tire warranty (after some haggling) so I got a new tire in the deal. Warranty = $299 for 3 years, 1 tire mounted costs $170, so I think I made the right choice with the tire warranty. My Tahoe used to pick up nails and such alot also...must be the deep threads????

Pam

Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 PM

ORIGINAL: seafire1

However, I picked up a nail off roading in my2nd week,(on the sidewall, unrepairable)and they let me buy the tire warranty (after some haggling) so I got a new tire in the deal. Warranty = $299 for 3 years, 1 tire mounted costs $170, so I think I made the right choice with the tire warranty.

Pam
The tire/wheel protect is a pretty sweet deal...covers nails, scrap metal in the road...and you only really need to use it once to make it worth it - especially if you have the 33s.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:36 PM

Thrown in?? I didn't even get the rebate I deserved. Am rectifiying that pronto!!

Pam

Old 04-09-2007, 05:59 PM

Ohhh the rebate! That burns me. I filled out a form so the rebate would be mailed to me, as I didn't want to use it on the purchase. Three full months go by and I still don't have it so I call the dealer. They act surprised I didn't get it, and mail me a check right out. The thing is, I got the check from the DEALER, not the factory like I should have. That means they probably swindled me out of the rebate to being with, and hoped I'd forget about it. The check should have come from the factory to me, especially since I filled out form for it. Dealers are so shady around here

Old 04-09-2007, 11:30 PM

Godfather,

Your not in NJ are u??? I had a similar scam pulled on me...

Pam

Old 04-10-2007, 12:02 AM

No I'm not a Jersey boy I'm thinking about investigating this incident further. If the dealer cashed a check made out in my name, that's fraud

Old 04-10-2007, 01:46 AM

GM would never write a check to you personally -- the dealers are the only ones who can redeem rebates. They must have gotten credit and not given it to you -- although I've never heard of someone opting to pay more in order to get a check later? What was the reason behind that?

Quick Reply: What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?