PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Default RE: What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?

you need help

Old 08-08-2007, 11:30 PM

I shoud've of waited a few weeks before buying my H3 because the dealership here in Guam is giving away laptops!

Old 08-09-2007, 01:48 PM

After 15 calls from the salesman (who by the way said Hummers fly out the door so don't really need your business but i like you) got the following
2500 off (hawaiis already big markup)
0% interest
chrome package
rubber floor mats, including back
chrome side steps
4 free oil changes (in exchange for a favorable report to hummer when the customer sat. form arrives)
and a decent amount trade in [:@]

Old 08-09-2007, 01:57 PM

Dealer didn't throw in a thing but did throw out a bunch of add on costs I wasn't about to pay! Total out the door price was $35,700 for a H3 Lux/off road pkg, trailer, chrome bling, and sunroof. It took a lot of homework with Edmunds.com and KBB.com to comeup witha number and even more dealing to not have to pay for the dealer fluff like the advertising fees and prep. It's a process I'd rather not repeat anytime soon but am happy I did my homework.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:06 PM

By the way..... Anytime you're buying a vehicle a trade in is a bad way to go if you're trying to save money. The dealer has to make a profit somewhere and it's usually the trade in that gets you ripped off. The dealer will have to prep the old car and sell it on the lot if it's really nice or wholesale it if it's a rat. It it has to go to the auction the dealer has to prep it, get it there and hope it sells or he eats that cost. He also has to pay the title fees and taxes if any so he's NOT going to give you a deal unless it's a trade in the REALLY want. Sell your old car on http://craigslist.org (free) then go to the dealer with cash in hand. See http://edmunds.com for hints and schoolin' on how to buy a new car and not get ripped off. A little edjukation goes a long way when it's car buying time and I'm sure you'd rather have the money you gave the salesman.

Old 08-09-2007, 02:06 PM

By the way..... Anytime you're buying a vehicle a trade in is a bad way to go if you're trying to save money. The dealer has to make a profit somewhere and it's usually the trade in that gets you ripped off. The dealer will have to prep the old car and sell it on the lot if it's really nice or wholesale it if it's a rat. It it has to go to the auction the dealer has to prep it, get it there and hope it sells or he eats that cost. He also has to pay the title fees and taxes if any so he's NOT going to give you a deal unless it's a trade in the REALLY want. Sell your old car on http://craigslist.org (free) then go to the dealer with cash in hand. See http://edmunds.com for hints and schoolin' on how to buy a new car and not get ripped off. A little edjukation goes a long way when it's car buying time and I'm sure you'd rather have the money you gave the salesman.

Old 08-13-2007, 02:59 AM

My threeboys each got a little clockwork H3. I got my big boy H3 for a good chunk under invoice.

I also got a very nice loner to drive while waiting on my Plane Jane to come in from another dealer.

I'd rather get a good deal then have 'em screw me and throw in a set of floor mats to take the sting out of it.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:04 PM

I'm getting 2007 H3 (base) with auto-transmission, sunroof, trailer hitch, floor mats, chrome appearance, chrome steps and XM for $30,000. Is this a good dealto buy ?

Old 08-15-2007, 05:56 AM

ORIGINAL: rctexas

I'm getting 2007 H3 (base) with auto-transmission, sunroof, trailer hitch, floor mats, chrome appearance, chrome steps and XM for $30,000. Is this a good dealto buy ?
Not a bad deal! Enjoy the new ride!

Old 08-15-2007, 12:36 PM

Igot a damn good deal. It started with $5,000 of the regular price(fully loaded minus the navigation system.). Then I got the rubber mats, rear cargo cover, and the back step, free of chrage. Its easy, You just gotta know how to play with them, teh same way they play with your head.get them hyped on youbuying the car, get to the point where you ned to sign the contarct and then pull off. They will ask you what will it take to get you to sign. Only then, you can make your offer. tThey willalways go for it. Otherwise, they will just have wasted their time, instead of yours.

Quick Reply: What did the dealer "throw in" on your H3 purchase?