PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 05:21 PM
CWO
Default RE: RE:

One of the dealers in Tampa had an H3 with BlueTooth. It was on the sticker for around $800.00. It was a Sunday and the truck was locked so I was unable to check it out. I guess you can get a BlueTooth option with the H3. Has anyone else seen this? I have Verizon through On-Star and I'm very happy with it. I like the system and On-Star's capabilities.

CWO

Old 07-17-2007, 05:31 PM

It may have been an after market bluetooth the dealer installed, there are plenty of those out there. I haven't seen it as a factory option.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:37 PM

I agree with many of these changes. I love my H3! But with a sticker of $39K when I bought it (not that I paid anywhere near that), there are a few things I wish GM would've included...

Trip computer with some vehicle customizing options (extending the headlamp delay after you get out at night) - Like the Trailblazers and Tahoes have.

Lighted vanity mirrors should not be optional at that price level.

Heated sideview mirrors, locking glove box, a LIGHT in the glove box.

Yes, the heated seat switch should be moved to that dash. I never turn the seats on accidentally, but it's just where the switches should be. The switches are on the door in the Trailblazers. That would be fine. They're only on the side of the seat because the H3 is an evolution from the old '95 Blazers and that's where the heated switch was on them. GM never bothered to move it.

Auto climate control and Steering wheel mounted radio controls (NOT essential, but nice to have)

Last - And, probably most importantly, I think if the H3 had a 6 speed auto, the engine would not be much of a problem at all. A lot of people already think the I-5 is fine (especially the 3.7L). For me, it's perfect 90% of the time. There's just some times on the highway out in western Jersey where it would benefit from some extra ratios. It's not a lack of power. It's the fact that there's only 4 speed. When you're trying to accelearate from say 60 to 70 uphill, the engine has to drop down into second gear and the engine is pushing redline. A 6 speed would allow the engine to stay in its power band a lot more.

Fold-flat seats would be nice, but it hasn't bothered me much yet. Nor has the lack of Bluetooth with Onstar - I just use the Bluetooth earpiece. If' they're going to add bluetooth, I think there's a lot of other things that should get added too (rainsense wipers, adjustable rear seats, heated rear seats, HID headlights, voice activated Nav)...

Like I said, though, I'm NOT complaining here. Just ideas for when the next redesign is due...

Old 07-17-2007, 06:22 PM

ORIGINAL: jng1226

[BTW - where is the OBD II port on the H3?

Jeff
Between your knees on the driver's side.

Old 07-17-2007, 07:20 PM

A diesel!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:22 PM

I agree with: more cubbies, fold flat seats, steering wheel controls instead of that stalk mounted crap.

I would like to see the Driver Information Center incorporated into a larger display on the standard factory radio.

Showing—distance to empty, MPG, trip/travel info…..

Maybe even some simple digital gage Readouts (I’m spoiled by my Scan Gage).

While I’m on the radio, they need to make MP3 playback from disc standard as well as aux-in ports.

Dual Zone climate controls.

Make the rear wiper useful (i.e. a complete sweep not that half assed thing it does now)

Stronger front diff, half shafts and steering linkage…STANDARD.

And…….

Do all the above with no price increase

Would I buy another H3 without all that? Hell yeah........

Old 07-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

With Gas prices now, and all the chatter about who's getting what for mileage. HOW ABOUT A TRANSFER CASE THAT LETS ME RUN THE ROAD IN TWO WHEEL DRIVE???????? I'm not skeered of a wet road when I'm fetchin groceries and gion to/from work!

Old 07-18-2007, 11:39 AM

I like that idea Doc..

Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 PM

1 steering wheel radio controls
2 make the swing gate a power lift gate
3 auto down & up windows
4 make the headlamps come on when you unlock the doors
5 seperate the brake lights & signal lights like in the European H3s
6makeroof markerlamps standard
7 power runningboards optional (so you dont tare them off while offroading)
8 heated cloth seats or standard leather
9 auto dimming headlights
10 automatic windshield wipers
11 dual zone climate control
12 rear heat & air

Old 07-19-2007, 07:13 AM

I would never go offroading with power running boards. The first time you hit those on something it would be $1000+ down the drain.

Quick Reply: What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?