PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
Default RE: What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?

ORIGINAL: jng1226

Holy crap that is hiliarious!
You laughing at my dog punk!![:@]

Old 07-17-2007, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: RE:

Taking the seat cushions out is definitely not very efficient lol you are right.

Even if you moved the gas tank, you would still have to lower the rear seats, so you'd basically be sitting on the floor!

New Interior Body Panels: You are right; there is WAY too much wasted space on the H3. I mean, why the hell do the door panels have to be so damn thick with all that empty air floating around? They could have made the interior wider by not installing all those bubbly interior panels everywhere you look. It would be nice if somebody made some kind of aftermarket interior panels.

THIRD-ROW SEATS!!!! which go hand in hand with folding the rear seats down more. We seem to have the only SUV these days that doesn't offer this. I'm biting the bullet and buying the aftermarket third-row seats in the winter, but still, I'm going to have to add the hitch step so people can actually make it back there without killing themselves.

Air Suspension. This would be a nice option.

Adjustable Ride Height. Even the Toureg has this. It would be nice for the H3 to have it, but realistically with leaf-spring suspension, this would probably be a little tricky to engineer.

Blue-Tooth enabled On-Star: Cmon GM, Let's get On-Star to work standard with Bluetooth, and stop monopolizing on the system and allow us to use our cell phones with the On-Star system. This will probably never happen though as a standard.

Real-time MPG Display: Have an option on the Odometer/Info center display that displays real-time and overall MPG. Maybe they just don't wnat us to know

Windshield Antenna: Get rid of the 10 ft tall antenna and come into the year 2000, where most car manufacturers are switching to windshield Antennas instead of clunky steel poles. I know I'd love this one.

And here is the biggest one....

MAKE THE FRONT END LEVEL WITH THE REAR!!! Stop making us all F*** up our suspension by cranking and twisting our torsion bars 374 times to get the thing to look half-way decent and not like the I-5 engine is wieghing down the front end. DOH!

Thank you.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

Here is the thread I created long ago when I removed the seat cushions:

https://www.hummerforums.com/m_22813/tm.htm

It will give you guys an idea as to what's involved and what it will do for you.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 AM

Blue-Tooth enabled On-Star: Cmon GM, Let's get On-Star to work standard with Bluetooth, and stop monopolizing on the system and allow us to use our cell phones with the On-Star system. This will probably never happen though as a standard.
I just added the number that On-Star gave me to my phone plan for $9.99. Now it's include in my minutes just like I was using my cell but hands free.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Yup. I had that too but cancelled it after about a year or so. What they DON'T tell you is with all the added fees and what not it ends up being an extra $15 to $20 more a month.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 PM

I could never give up my cell phone. I use the walkie talkie feature to find my wife in the big dept stores. We always get seperated! I do like the hands free onStar phone but not sure about the costs. HummerGuy makes it sound like more than what's up front.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

I added On-Star to my Verizon account probably a day after I got it back from the dealer after I bought it (yes, I actually had it in service longer then I owned it at first ) I just cancelled it last month, so I guess I had it a good 18 months.

Don't get me wrong, it works really well, BUT it isn't a flat $10 a month. You still have to pay all of those FCC fees and all that BS that comes with it, PLUS you have to upgrade to a Family plan which starts at $59.99 a month if you don't have one. So, we had to go from a $39.99 a month plan with just my wife to a $59.99 a month plan for an additional line, plus the extra $9.99 a month for the line, and the fees, we ended up paying a minimum of $30 a month extra for a $9.99 a month line

This is only adventageous if you drive ALOT and use your phone all the time. Now that I'm not driving to work anymore, I don't need it and quite honestly, don't miss it. You can buy pre-paid minutes from On-Star anyway, and just be careful not to use it too much.

All of this is why I wish they would have native support for BlueTooth integration on the On-Star system instead of buying a kit and having to tear half of your audio system wiring apart to use it like they have now.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Default RE: What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?

I wish it had:

1. HID headlights

2.Audio controls on the steering wheel

3. Caller ID while using the on-star/verizon phone.

I could write more but these are my main gripes..

Old 07-17-2007, 01:57 PM

Improvements? How about a 6 speed auto? More cubby holes. Opening rear window. Auto down and up for front windows at least. A-pillar grab handles inside to help pull yourself into the H3. Bluetooth phone capability. A steering shaft that doesn't rattle (oh wait, that's fixed on the '08). Rear-view camera (fixed on the '08). One 12V socket in front that was controlled by the ignition and not always-on.

And then retrofit my '07 with all this stuff for free so I'm not jealous of the future, improved H3 owners.

Old 07-17-2007, 03:51 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Real-time MPG Display: Have an option on the Odometer/Info center display that displays real-time and overall MPG. Maybe they just don't wnat us to know
Now this you can actually fix: http://www.scangauge.com/

I posted about this recently and heard some members bought it. Did they ever report back on how well it works? It sounds great because you get all the common trip computer functions in addition to being able to monitor other systems by simply plugging this into your OBD II port.

BTW - where is the OBD II port on the H3?

Jeff

[IMG]local://upfiles/2685/4D20E71F227D4BAFB3B86BD1EFCA0A36.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?