PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:02 AM
Default What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?

I really like my H3X but it's not perfect. If I could suggest changes to GM for the H3, I would:

1. Have the rear seats fold flat. Presently it's a joke. Imagine trying to sleep or spreads some legs back there?!

2. Put the seat warmer switch on the console or dash. I'm constantly bumping mine getting in & out of the car.

How about you..what would you like to see them change?

Old 07-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Default RE: What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?

Imagine trying to sleep or spreads some legs back there?!
Get a room!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:24 AM

Where is your sense of adventure Dennis? Somethings can't wait!!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis. The Man just wants to use his Light Saber on the Dark Side..........

Old 07-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Default RE:

second on the flat folding seats. I would like also if the back window could roll down andremove the rear wiper. IMO, it's not very useful. maybe auto up/down on all windows.

Old 07-17-2007, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: RE:

The problem with that idea is the gas tank is under the rear seat cushions, so you really can't have a flat back end unless you lower the ground clearance, raise the roof, raise the cargo area floor by dropping the exhaust system lower, or having removable seat cushion backs, which would make the most sense.

What I did was took out the back seat cushions all together, and it allows you to fold it down completely, but you don't have any back seats because of it

Old 07-17-2007, 10:43 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

The problem with that idea is the gas tank is under the rear seat cushions, so you really can't have a flat back end unless you lower the ground clearance, raise the roof, raise the cargo area floor by dropping the exhaust system lower, or having removable seat cushion backs, which would make the most sense.

What I did was took out the back seat cushions all together, and it allows you to fold it down completely, but you don't have any back seats because of it
Well removing the rear seats has some applications its not the best solution. Most of the SUVs have this feature. I'm sure GM could design a gas tank to accomodate this. Thanks for the tip!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:46 AM

ORIGINAL: HummerGuy

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis. The Man just wants to use his Light Saber on the Dark Side..........
We can handle Dennis!!!

Old 07-17-2007, 10:51 AM

Another call here for fold-flat seats, I understand what HummerGuy is saying, but it really should have been designed in.

Here's a minor gripe - I would like improvements in the OEM stereo. In this day and age there is no AUX line input? Chrysler has a great FM station selector where you press once for one station, press the same button again for the 2nd station, so with 6 buttons you get 12 presets without having to cycle through the "Band" button. I also wish the stock stereo had more EQ bands for fine tuning the tone to your liking.

Another thing that I don't get is an auto-dimming interior mirror without auto-dimming outer mirrors - you see way more cars in your outside mirrors and with the interior mirror darkened it makes them look that much brighter and annoying.

Height-adjustable stock seats. I can't understand that either.

A better design for a rear-cargo privacy screen. They couldn't mold two points to hold the removable, auto-retracting screen that is standard in just about every other SUV?

HID lights as standard, should be included in a $30K+ vehicle.

More storage cubbies, especially in the doors which is a joke. An overhead console with storage would be nice, the $20K Dodge Nitro has this and is a blatant rip-off of the H3, but with improvements like fold-flat seats and more storage cubbies!

/rant

Jeff

Old 07-17-2007, 10:52 AM

Holy crap that is hiliarious!

Quick Reply: What Change Would You Like GM make on the H3?