PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What are the chances...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Default RE: What are the chances...

Yep, it looks like it will probably be that. I drove it a little while ago and the message just stays on, to and from my destination. Before I left the driveway I tried to switch it to 4wd lock and it wouldn't go. heck, it isn't even lit up in the normal high mode.. LOL. It had the traction control, and sevice 4wd for sure.. maybe the abs message too.. not sure.
Oh well.. it's going in the am anyway.. hopefully they have it in stock so we won't have to wait long.

Old 10-20-2006, 01:02 AM

Thanks for all the welcomes.

Picked up the H3 from service this afternoon and for anyone that has the inside scoop on error codes and bulletins they found 5 error codes: P1682, P2101, P0036, P0030, P1516. This led them to Bulletin #PIP3508C. My receipt says the bulletin instructed them to remove and reinstall the UBEC and reset the codes. Someone know what the UBEC is?

They did mention that they have experienced this a few times. "A loose connector leading into the main fusebox under the hood" is how they described it. If someone has access to the bulletin, could they shed some more light? It might help someone else in a similar situation. The car acted like it was running on 2 cylinders and we had no choice but to tow it in.

Thanks...

Old 10-20-2006, 01:06 AM

UBEC

UNDER the fuse BOX ELECTRICAL CONNECTOR?...Hell I don't know[&:]

Old 10-20-2006, 05:33 PM

I don't know what that stands for either.

My wife took ours in today. They said it was the "encoder motor" on the transfer case, and replaced it. So, I hope that's the last time that problem rears it's ugly head. I tried to get onstar to scan it, but wouldn't you know it, it had stopped showing the message then. LOL, .. oh well, problem solved for now.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:36 PM

Im ust have been the first person on earth to have this problem. Mine occured back in July of 2005. I had my h3 for about two weeks with less than a thousand miles. Driving down the road going 45 mph the vehicle just shut off. No power steering, brakes, and the engine died. On the instrument display read Failed traction control...ABS fault. The H3 would NOT restart. After waiting for the tow truck for about an hour, it started back up. Drove it for about 5 more miles and it did the same thing again. The dealer had it for over three weeks trying to figure out what was wrong. They eventually replaced the entire underhood fuse box. Guess they didn't know about the loose connector!!! So, for the rest of you...your engine may shut off. It was quite a shock to me.

Old 10-20-2006, 07:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: finskeeper

You bet. Should get it back in the morning. We're planning to take it on the road over the weekend to visit our other son (KC to Chicago). Hope its fixed! OnStar is nice, but I sure don't want to push that button somewhere north of Des Moines!
Welcome to our site!!

Too bad you aren't coming NEXT weekend. Our local Midwest Hummer Club, The Illiana Hummer Club, is having a get-togeter at the Badlands in Attica Indiana. Myself, HummerMike, Zyne, and other members of the club will be there. IT should be fun!

Old 10-21-2006, 03:32 AM

HummerGuy - Almost delayed the roadtrip until the following week. Not because my kid was busy THIS weekend, but because the Jerry Springer show called and said they had 4 tickets waiting for us on the 27th! Sorry we're going to miss it. (Both Springer and your get-together!) We would have detoured...

Wow. Wrigley Field neighborhood on a Friday night. Dropped the kids off. I'm too old to keep up with them, after driving all day. Hope they make it back to the hotel!

Old 10-21-2006, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Oh well. There will be plenty of other chances. I used to work at Wrigley about ten years ago doing I.T. stuff. I'm always over in that area. I hope you have fun. You're driving the H3 right?

Old 10-21-2006, 02:14 PM

Yep, running fine. Although I will be talking to Kelly (PCM) when I return. Would like to see if they could get a little extra out of it. I'm on the fence about installing a K&N. Probably more pro than against, however.

Old 10-21-2006, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: finskeeper

Yep, running fine. Although I will be talking to Kelly (PCM) when I return. Would like to see if they could get a little extra out of it. I'm on the fence about installing a K&N. Probably more pro than against, however.
Well, I have a K&N air filter with stock air box and, well, I'm SURE you have read the rest of my story lol. It really is worth it. If you need help I can help you or talk you through it. Too bad you can't make it next week. I could have given you a lesson in person