PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

what is the best wax, cleaning products?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Default RE: what is the best wax, cleaning products?

ORIGINAL: YH2Owner

Keep in mind my friend that claying will not just remove surface contaminants, depending on what clay bar you use, it removes EVERYTHING, including any old wax, polish or sealant you have on the car at the time.
Absolutely, The whole idea with a Calybar is to strip the finish of everything, including deeply imbedded water spots and road grime and yes, old waxes and sealers...That's a no brainer...But rember one other thing..Like bare naked skin so it the same for you car's finish, so make sure the waxes you use have the sun block too for thUV rays....SPF of 50 is recommended

Old 02-09-2007, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: YH2Owner

My question to the ICE users still remains, nobody yet has answered it, how often do you have to apply the stuff? When will water stop beading?? After my process I can go 5-6 months before I need to polish
Oh you mean on your first posyt here
How long does it last after each application?
...But anyways...I thinks after a good TWO coats of ICE like RUT did, the beading of water...or more like thesheeting of water as it falls off the car lasts about 5-6 months...least it's been my experience.

But hey, I like the way you treat you finish

Old 02-09-2007, 11:17 PM

I'll let you know how long it lasts. This is the first time I've used Ice. Before I used this:

http://www.justamps.com/Malco/Malco_Flash.htm

Malco is also an excellent wax, but you can't get it on any plastic pieces. Let me also make this recommendation....store your wax/polishes indoors at room temps....not in the garage in the winter. They are not meant to freeze up.

Old 02-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Alrighty, now we are acommunicating. Thanks for the feedback. If ICE last as long as you state, then I'll haveta say its one hell of a product. It's just been my experience that over-the-counter stuff was never really that good, where it would last months. Nothing wrong with applying 2 coats, in fact the sealant I use also recommends it. However, just one coat lasts 5-6 months, guess I'll have to test 2 coats, maybe it will go even longer than 5-6 months--We'll see--Its just to do 2 coats on a H2 is a pain in the ars--However, I just purchased a dual action Porter Cable polisher dohekie, so my tasks should go quicker & hopefully save my arms for "other" things, like lifting a beer bottle to my lips--hehe--Thanks for the replies guys, its appreciated--

Old 02-10-2007, 12:38 PM

No prob buddy...IfI don't reply, in most cases I'm agreeing...

On a orbital buffer??, I'm not skilled in their use..so I'm leary to use one, burns painted edges if your not careful, especially since you can't get into the cracks and crevasses ...I like the up close and detailed attention a hand can do..Been my moto through life...girls realy like my touch too

Old 02-10-2007, 02:55 PM

It's not an orbital, those are dangerous in inexperienced hands. The one for us novice guys is dual action, by that I mean is has a counter weigh, thereby not letting it sit in one spot since it jiggles & dances back & forth. Even with the new toy, some hand jobs will have to be used obviously. There will be spots where access could be difficult, however, for buffing/removal I'll try the mirco-fiberhead, where I cannot reach the micro-fiber towel will--So some manual will be also used unfortunately--Also the H2 has lotsa black plastic, I plan on taping those areas off with the blue paint tape. thata way I can go full speed with the thing & not worry bout getting this stuff on it--Which by the way is a royal pain to remove, altho I finally found a product that works great for that--

Old 02-10-2007, 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

No prob buddy...IfI don't reply, in most cases I'm agreeing...

On a orbital buffer??, I'm not skilled in their use..so I'm leary to use one, burns painted edges if your not careful, especially since you can't get into the cracks and crevasses ...I like the up close and detailed attention a hand can do..Been my moto through life...girls realy like my touch too
DITTO!

Old 05-02-2007, 10:37 PM

I wanted to thank you all for the info on ICE, I just went to Wally -World (my way for walmart) and bought it. My H3 has scratches and all. I have done a lot of off roading withit.

Also, does anyone have a great way for cleaning the hard build up of dirt that stikes to the tires and is brown around the edges?

Hey Question for you, did you chrome your rims or does it just look that way in the photos.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:23 AM

Wally World..!!..That's funny

Old 06-17-2007, 02:09 PM

The best detailing products out there are are made by Zaino. Check out www.hcvind.com for more info. We only use Zaino products onour vehicles.

Quick Reply: what is the best wax, cleaning products?