PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What an amazing vehicle in the snow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:00 AM
Default RE: What an amazing vehicle in the snow!

those perticular ones have plastic ends that can pop off easy if you hit them with your ice scraper there are other ones like that that are built better here is a link i found look closely in the difference how they are constructed

http://www.streakfreewiperblades.com...09/page/798266

Old 02-15-2007, 05:40 AM

The snow keeps passing us by here in Northern AZ, (Prescott). However, I have had many chances to drive my H3 in sandy washes and it really surprises me how great it does. I am sure having 35" tires, and also with the 33"s before I upgraded, really makes a big difference too due to the large footprint. It helps to know some tricks for driving in sand like not to stop or lose your forward momentum and to be able to feel just before the tires start to spin and keep it that way.[/align]I have owned International Scouts, CJ's, a FJ40 Landcruiser, Pathfinder, several Grand Cherokees and the H3 is by far a better vehicle on and off the road (other than power). You all here did good picking an H3.I have had, in a year, no real problems. I do worry a little about the potential for head problems but will see what happens.[/align]

Old 02-15-2007, 01:46 PM

Yesterday here in Philly we got a snow/sleet/ice storm.... a total of about 4 inches of sleet, then a layer of freezing rain on top. I get to work and park on a busy street (no other option) and park on some undriven snow/ice. I leave work around midnight and under all 4 tiresare in puddles of ice and my H3 is not actually touching the ground there is at least an inch of ice under the tires and of course there is a wall of about 16 inches next to me from where the plow trucks decided to do there job. I got in, started her up turned the wheel and hit the gas..... got half way out, dropped into reverse, back onto the sidewalk and tried again. Going foward at slow speed did nothing, hit the gas hard and BAMM bounced right outof theice/snow bank and onto the street. Then just to be a cocky ***** I sat there and watch everyone i work with in there fordexplorers/expiditions, there4X4 pickupstrying to get out of similar although less difficult spots. After driving a rear wheel drive crown vic for 8 hours that got stuck on every turnit was nice to get insomething with some *****.

Old 02-15-2007, 01:51 PM

ORIGINAL: HummerMary

I feel safe this winter! H3 Baby!
I thought I was the only one with a hot avatar.

Old 02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

I was behind my sister-in-law's brand new Nissan Armada yesterday. As it tried to pull foward on the snow and ice infested street curb, it got stuck, literally. I watched as the rear tires spun, and spun, and spun, with absolutely no power transferring to the front wheels. Then, her boyfriend finally decided to floor it, and after the wheels spun for maybe 10 revolutions, the front wheels FINALLY kicked in, and moved that beast forward. They reversed, and tried to move forward again. Same problem.

What kind of crappy-*** traction control makes you floor it to get the front wheels to start pulling? Then, he says "oh well your H3 would have been stuck too"

So, I pulled my H3 into snow deeper then his little space, gave it a little gas, and about .5 a second after the rear tire started to slip, the fronts kicked in and pulled me through about a 30" high pile of ice and snow, plowed through it and drove away.

I love how people spend $50k + for a SUV and think that because it's so expensive it is made for off-roading. When I told them we might be going off-roading at Mt Rushmore or the Badlands in SDin the summer if we meet up with HummBob, they said "oh can we come" and I said, "Sure, when you go buy a REAL off-road vehicle and not one that talks to you all the time to tell you how "rich" you are

Now she wants to get a Land Rover. At least she is making a step in the right direction

Old 02-15-2007, 03:05 PM

Doode, you will be spending more time pulling that Armada out of crap than anything else .. it's a mini-van in disguise for crying out loud ..
If you have the ability to reprogram the voice prompts .. make them all say "You're an idiot" instead

Old 02-15-2007, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Do you know how hard it is to explain to somebody the differences between a SUV and a ORV? It's almost impossible. I always told my friend with the Expedition that there is no way in hell you can take that off-roading, but he would say "Why, mine is bigger then yours?" Seriously, he thinks that, and so is the mentality of most people that drive street-car SUVs. They aren't made for off-roading. Very few are made natively for off-roading. The Toureg is one of those decieving ones though, that can actually handle a pounding off-roading, and a few others, but all this I hear about Explorers and Expeditions, Muranos, Etc, going off-roading is a joke. MAYBE the Pathfinder, but that too has no ground clearance. That's what they had before this.

I wish sales people wouldn't pitch these things as off-road vehicles. I get annoyed by it. It's one of those pet peeves I have. You want to go off-roading, by a Jeep, Hummer for Land Rover. If you want to drive around the street looking pretty, buy anything else (oh yeah, and the Xterra isn't bad either).

[sm=feedback.gif]

Old 02-15-2007, 04:16 PM

Just buy a Hummer....why take a chance with Heeps and Rovers!

Old 02-15-2007, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

That's what I told them. Buy a H2, why screw around with these yuppy cars when you can own a real ORV and not something you use just to show everybody your status? That's fine for people that like that, but for people who expect ORV performance with a SUV street car, think again.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:55 PM

Yup....my next Hummer will likely be an H2!

Quick Reply: What an amazing vehicle in the snow!