PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What an amazing vehicle in the snow!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 11:24 AM
Default What an amazing vehicle in the snow!

Damn, I have owned 4 x 4s all my life. The H3 is amazing in the snow and on the ice. I was drivng around Western PA, in all the nice hills, and never slipped. How have your experiences been with the truck?

Old 02-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Default RE: What an amazing vehicle in the snow!

Where at in western Pa are you driving around? I might have seen you around.

Old 02-14-2007, 11:31 AM

ORIGINAL: brachilius

Damn, I have owned 4 x 4s all my life. The H3 is amazing in the snow and on the ice. I was drivng around Western PA, in all the nice hills, and never slipped. How have your experiences been with the truck?
I've been saying this since mid December when we got 6"....Simply fantastic

Prior to this H3..I use to get a little nervous about having to go out in weather like that..Now I look for excuses to go out and drive in it...

Old 02-14-2007, 11:37 AM

Being that we can get quite a bit of snow, and that we tend to drive quite a bit, all the vehicles run in the winter have been 4x4's. I have had a fair amount of experience with defferent makes/models and some have performed better than others, but there is no doubt in my mind the the H3 I have is the best of the bunch. I bought an extra set of Hummer rims so I can take off my chrome rims, and run studded winter tires during the snow season. The Hummer feels glued to the road, and the elements no longer seem to be a concern. As a driver, I am more concerned with the other cars on the road, then the roads themselves!

Old 02-14-2007, 12:00 PM

yes..isn't it just amazing how they handle in the snow..not sure about the ice..haven't tryed that out yet..

Old 02-14-2007, 12:24 PM

Just keep rubbing it in...owned my H3 for a year and she hasn't seen any snow![:@]

Old 02-14-2007, 12:56 PM

We got around 6" last night on top of what we already had. Last night my daughter had a choir concert, the weather was nasty and there was 700 students involved, so I can only guess how many parents and vehicles were there... anyway... I pulled up to drop off my wife and daughter at the door and noticed a jeep had pulled over the snow bank and parked, right near the door we had to go in. Well now, I can't let a freaking JEEP owner show me up, so I put the H3 in reverse and plowed right in next to him! 1/2 mile walk from crowded parking lot, or 20 foot walk... not a tough decision! Glad we got it now!

Old 02-14-2007, 01:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Scottrod

We got around 6" last night on top of what we already had. Last night my daughter had a choir concert, the weather was nasty and there was 700 students involved, so I can only guess how many parents and vehicles were there... anyway... I pulled up to drop off my wife and daughter at the door and noticed a jeep had pulled over the snow bank and parked, right near the door we had to go in. Well now, I can't let a freaking JEEP owner show me up, so I put the H3 in reverse and plowed right in next to him! 1/2 mile walk from crowded parking lot, or 20 foot walk... not a tough decision! Glad we got it now!
Way to represent!

Old 02-14-2007, 01:04 PM

For a brief second I read that you plowed INTO THE JEEP [&:]I was thinking, "yikes" don't tick this guy off, then I re-read it properly and saw you plowed into the snow bank beside him!

Old 02-14-2007, 01:10 PM

I got out in the blizzard for a bit a short while ago and the H3 did great. One problem though was I bought and installed some wipers that I got at Tire Rack and they disintergrated. So the H3 is parked in the garage until I can get the wifes SRX to an auto parts store for some better wipers. This kind of explains why they were buy one get one free.[:@]

Quick Reply: What an amazing vehicle in the snow!