PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

What is "normal" on the Temperature Gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2007, 12:30 AM
Default RE: What is "normal" on the Temperature Gauge?

Gunner - a bit off-topic but how do you like that Scan Gauge II? I was thinking about getting one because of all the readings and the trip computer features. Would you buy it again or has the novelty worn off? This seems to be one of the reasons why it would be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Old 08-08-2007, 02:26 PM

Just a little under the 1/2 mark, even 4-wheeling the beach in July.

Old 08-08-2007, 03:28 PM

mine has went all the way twice on the trail and it was 102 outside and she was in 4 low. most of the time it is 3/4 on warm days. seems to be normal but clear out the bugs in the front

Old 08-08-2007, 07:06 PM

haven't gone offroading yet, and I guess my temperatures between 70-95 are pretty mild with the crowd here, but my temperature gauge has only gone halfway up, never higher.

Old 08-08-2007, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: jng1226
Gunner - a bit off-topic but how do you like that Scan Gauge II? I was thinking about getting one because of all the readings and the trip computer features. Would you buy it again or has the novelty worn off? This seems to be one of the reasons why it would be worth it.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
I got mine through a group buy here on the forum and feel I got my money's worth.

I use the real time MPG, coolant temp, voltage and speedo/RPM the most.

NO OIL PRESSURE GUAGE THOUGH......WTF WERE THEY THINKING.

(or am I just to damn dumb to recognize it)--

The code scanner is spot on.

The trip mode is OK.

There are quite a few other guage modes on the thing but I haven't figured out the value of
that information to me, or how to apply it to my everyday driving.

Something to note: Mounting this little guy isn't hard, it's just the location choices are a bit limited
depending on how lazy you are (me=lazy). You've got the above the mirror route, on top of the steering
column (obscures the view of your DIC....snicker, snicker), or the little cubby hole between the center stack
and shifter. Those were the logical choices for ease of placement as I saw them. Someone else with a little more gumption
and creativity can probably come up with a lot cooler location......Hint, Hint......

Compared to the other stuff out there ($$), I think it's a pretty good value.

BTW:

Checked my CT on the way home today, 96 ambient temp, 80 MPH, 200 degrees on the SGII and just a tad over 1/2 on the factory guage.

Does that help?

Old 08-08-2007, 07:50 PM

Mine was running between 1/2 and 3/4 yesterday but it's 100 degrees here too.

Old 08-08-2007, 11:28 PM
Jmm

ORIGINAL: mfish

is it just me or does it look like this post is hacking into my computer[sm=WTFsgign.gif]
Yes, what's that sig.???
Can someone plse check that[:@]

Old 08-08-2007, 11:49 PM

relax... it's only retrieving information that's readily available everytime a httpis requested. it's not storing it anywhere either anyway.

Old 08-09-2007, 10:18 AM

ORIGINAL: ikao

relax... it's only retrieving information that's readily available everytime a httpis requested. it's not storing it anywhere either anyway.
[sm=pcwhack.gif]..I dont like it,

my temp gauge hovers just below half, even sitting in traffic.

I have been off roading in Baja when it's 105 ( but it's a dry heat[&:]) and it moved just above half, not quite 3/4.

Old 08-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Whether you like my signature or not is irrelevent. Fact is, every web site you go to retrieves the same info, you just don't know it, it's how computers talk to each other. Your PC has over 65,000 active ports it uses to talk to other computers on the net. Each computer shares a unique part of itself every time it goes to another computer so they know if they're compatible. If you want to know how secure you are go to http://grc.com and follow the links to "shields up". You may be infected and not know it...And it has NOTHING to do with a small bit of code reading your IP.

Quick Reply: What is "normal" on the Temperature Gauge?