PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013, 09:14 PM
Default Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)

Came across two Westin Sportsman one piece brush guards on CL. Leftovers forgotten and set aside in a guy's warehouse. I bought both of them. One slightly used, the other like new with the cellulous wrapping still on it. Of course, the seller could not find the mounting brackets or hardware. Made a set of stout brackets out of 1/4" plate to snug in behind my tow hooks. Work in progress - thought I would share the first phase. I am also working on a set of mounting brackets for the other guard.

Attached Thumbnails Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bg.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bgi.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bgii.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bgiii.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 09:37 PM

Dry fit the mounting brackets in their rough state, appears they will work - eventually each will get dressed in black. Plan to put the used guard on my H3 after giving it a new paint job or powder coat.

Attached Thumbnails Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bgiv.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bgv.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bgvi.jpg  
Old 10-26-2013, 07:54 AM

Looks good!. I just made a set of mounts for my "work in progress" brush guard.

Mine didn't mount flush with the bumper so I had to weld a thin plate to the back side. Made spacers the dimensions of the tow hook holder.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:34 PM

R-code17815,
I had seen your prior post on the guard and the mounts (and your H3) - like the way you added the extra plate and bent your bar. Yours looks really good, it complements the front of your rig and winch setup.

Old 10-29-2013, 08:33 AM

Thank you, Sir!

Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Blasted, primed, rattle can bedlined the mounts. Blasted and primed the brush guard. After I got the prep work done on the guard I run it out to the only local PC shop I trust for a powder job only, they wanted WAY TOO much $$$, they informed me it would have to re-blasted and have another primer job done to their specs (WTF?). Plan B - Rattle can bedliner once again (savings:$200).

Attached Thumbnails Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-mounting-i.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-mounting-ii.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-blasted-n-primed.jpg  
Old 11-11-2013, 08:16 AM

Rattle can liner, SS hardware and installed.

Attached Thumbnails Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-mount-i.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-mount-ii.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bg-i.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-bg-ii.jpg  
Old 11-11-2013, 08:32 AM

Final phase. Illumination. Done.

As soon as the other two mounting brackets are done, I plan on selling the other brush guard (with headlight guards). May post it in the HUMMER FORUMS "PRIVATE For Sale" section.

Couple of shots of our H3s - her black & chrome and my red & black.

Attached Thumbnails Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-100-watts-i.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-100-watts-ii.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-hers-mine-i.jpg   Westin Brush Guard (work in progress)-hers-mine-ii.jpg  
Old 11-11-2013, 01:39 PM

Looks like a nice heavy duty brush guard.
Now go spray those mounting bolts with the bedliner. They stick out like a sore thumb. lol

Old 11-11-2013, 03:42 PM

Now go spray those mounting bolts with the bedliner. They stick out like a sore thumb.

Roger that.