PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

Went wheeling for the first time!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Default Went wheeling for the first time!

Unfortunately it was with a Toyota club and I was the only Hummer. They had some event called the Tall Corn Cruiser Classic up in MIOBI and my co-worker is a member of their club. It was an open event, so he convinced me to take my truck off-roading.

I didn't get to take any pictures, but I am in the group photo they took in The Playground and my co-worker managed to take a quick phone pic that's nothing special.

That's me at the top
Name:  7bd72ebc.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  173.4 KB
That's the bottom of my truck as I'm going up and over a particularly steep hill
Name:  imagejpeg_3.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  82.2 KB

There were a lot of surprised Toyota owners when I was able to go everywhere they could go and all I have are 35's and unhooked sway bars. lol There were a couple hills I didn't try, because the only people that made it up were people with lockers.

It would have been nice to be out with a bunch of Hummers, but I had a good time and even got some battle scars on the truck to prove it!

Old 08-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

Cool. That looks like fun little hill in the group shot. Where was this place?

Old 08-28-2011, 07:16 PM

Nice Pics!!!

Old 08-28-2011, 07:51 PM

This was a park in Hamilton Iowa called MIOBI (make it or break it)

Old 08-28-2011, 08:41 PM

Hahaha! That first picture is awesome.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:35 PM

Like I said, hit me up next time and I'll see if I can go with you.

Old 08-28-2011, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by Paladine71
Like I said, hit me up next time and I'll see if I can go with you.
They want to do more wheeling next weekend, but I have plans. My co-worker has another event he wants to go to, but it's in Arkansas and I am not keen on driving down there to go wheeling. lol

There is a place called The Cliffs (from what my co-worker says) a couple hours away up in Marseilles. It sounds like I would need some UCP first before heading up there.

It would be cool to go wheeling with another local I found out the other day that we both work on the island. I work in the Clock Tower.

Old 08-28-2011, 10:34 PM

Ah, I've seen your rig then. I've been to the Cliffs a couple of times and UCP/Skids are highly recommended but not absolutely necessary depending on where you go. It's about 90 minutes to the east of the Quad Cities. Here is the website, and insane is a good word for the park: Cliffs Insane Terrain

We should meet up this week and introduce ourselves. I work in building 390. There are a couple of other Hummer wheelers between here and Chicago that sometimes meet up at the Cliffs.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:21 PM

I'm going to ask a stupid question right now so get ready... What/why unhooked swaybars?? What's the advantage or reasoning.......Nice park for sure

Old 08-30-2011, 10:47 PM

Congrats on your first OffRoad outing! We all started somewhere and it sounds like you now have the bug.Maybe next time Paladine makes a trip to MI you can join him???

Paladine is a good resource in your area to have regarding wheeling and modifications.

Quick Reply: Went wheeling for the first time!